TITLE Assistant Director, College and Constituency Engagement
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 1768
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Executive Director of Engagement and Alumni Relations
The Assistant Director, College and Constituency Engagement serves as an integral member of the Alumni Relations team, spearheading affinity-based alumni engagement and education initiatives that leads to lifelong relationships with the university and increases giving participation among alumni. The Assistant Director, College and Constituency Engagement facilitates college and constituency alumni engagement and volunteerism through effective event management, communication, volunteer management and relationship-building by coordinating on-campus and online events, reunions, Homecoming, and activities for alumni. The Assistant Director, College and Constituency Engagement is responsible for providing leadership, stewardship, and guidance to colleges and affinity groups to increase engagement efforts and philanthropic support with alumni and friends of the respective constituency and supports the communication efforts for the programs. The Assistant Director, College and Constituency Engagement works under the direction of the Executive Director of Engagement and Alumni Relations.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A bachelor’s degree is required. A master’s degree is preferred. A degree or an advanced degree in an area of business, communication, marketing, hospitality, or related study is preferred.
Experience: At least three years of successful professional experience including prior experience in alumni relations, fundraising, sales, event planning, non-profit, or a related field with experience in planning alumni activities and/or educational programming to effectively engage a wide range of constituencies is required. Proven consultative and collaboration successes, along with a client service orientation approach to work and demonstrated effectiveness in administrative, personnel, and financial management is required. Proven success in interacting with a varied and diverse population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity is required. Demonstrated ability to build consensus and develop strong relationships at all levels within an organization is required. Knowledge of Missouri State’s programs and traditions is preferred.
Skills: Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills including ability and comfort in making group presentations are required. Demonstrated ability to work closely and effectively with university alumni, administrators, and faculty is required. The ability to effectively manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers is required. Strong relationship management skills to build trusting and confidential relationships with stakeholders and volunteers is required. Ability to adapt quickly, meet deadlines, manage change and be a self-starter committed to follow through and work without close supervision is required. Adept in social media platforms and ability to work in web-based content management system is required. Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially Word and Excel, is required. Strong data analytic skills are preferred. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Effort: This position organizes events and is frequently required to transport boxes of promotional materials and media equipment weighing twenty-five to fifty pounds.
Other: The scope of the job requires travel and attendance at evening and/or weekend activities, meetings, alumni events, athletics-related events, seminars, and workshops. Must be bondable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES1. Plans, promotes, coordinates, executes, and evaluates alumni engagement programs, projects, and events for college and constituency alumni.
2. Collaborates with the of college and constituency leaders to pursue and promote the overall goals related to communications, fundraising, and alumni engagement.
3. Plans, coordinates, and promotes University Homecoming. Coordinates and convenes university-wide stakeholder planning committee meetings and represents alumni advisory boards for colleges, departments, and affinity organizations to ensure collaborative communication and planning efforts are leveraged to grow alumni engagement in planning a comprehensive event.
4. Works closely and effectively with university administrators and faculty members to support college and constituency programs.
5. Serves as liaison to the Black Alumni Council and serves future constituency-based Alumni Councils.
6. Manages event planning and coordinates logistics for on-campus events like reunions, banquets, and meetings.
7. Collaborates with Advancement Communication on digital strategy and online updates for College and Constituency communications and events by supporting the Advancement Division’s communication calendar and coordinating various communications and strategizing and implementing targeted alumni communication efforts.
8. Assists in the oversight of Alumni Association Board of Directors activities to achieve Advancement’s goals and objectives to develop and grow college and constituency engagement.
9. Serves as liaison to alumni councils and alumni advisory boards supporting college departments, diversity and inclusion, and student organizations.10. Co-supervises a Graduate Assistant and provides a meaningful work experience for them to support and impact college and constituency programs.
11. Determines, compiles, and reports metrics on a recurring basis to demonstrate the college and constituency impact on engagement and annual giving participation rate.
12. Contributes to the growth and effectiveness of the Missouri State University Alumni Association by researching and implementing best-in-class programs and initiatives.
13. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
14. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as directed by the supervisor.
15. Contributes to the overall success of University Advancement by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director of Engagement and Alumni Relations.
The Assistant Director, College and Constituency Engagement reports directly to the Executive Director of Engagement and Alumni Relations.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCESREVISED NOVEMBER 2022