TITLE Assistant Director, Chapter and Corporate Engagement
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 1766
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Executive Director of Engagement and Alumni Relations
The Assistant Director, Chapter and Corporate Engagement serves as an integral member of the Alumni Relations team, spearheading regional engagement to foster high quality lifelong relationships with the university and increase giving participation among alumni. The Assistant Director, Chapter and Corporate Engagement provides strategic leadership for the alumni chapter and corporate engagement program to grow alumni experiential and volunteer involvement with Missouri State. The Assistant Director, Chapter and Corporate Engagement focuses on operating with flexibility, transparency and trust with primary responsibilities including the delivery of regional programming that will build, develop, and sustain strong volunteer relationships designed to increase alumni engagement and philanthropy in support of University Advancement objectives. The Assistant Director, Chapter and Corporate Engagement works under the direction of the Executive Director of Engagement and Alumni Relations.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A bachelor’s degree is required. A master’s degree is preferred. A degree or an advanced degree in an area of business, communication, marketing, hospitality, or related study is preferred.
Experience: At least three years of successful professional experience including prior experience in alumni relations, fundraising, sales, corporate relations, event planning, non-profit, or a related field is required. Demonstrated experience in planning, organizing, communicating, and problem solving to deliver large scale programs is required. Proven consultative and collaboration successes, along with a client service orientation approach to work and demonstrated effectiveness in administration, personnel, and financial management is required. Proven success in interacting with a varied and diverse population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity is required. Demonstrated ability to build consensus and develop strong relationships at all levels within an organization is required. Knowledge of Missouri State’s programs and traditions is preferred.
Skills: Exceptional interpersonal skills with all ages and demographics, including strong relationship management skills to build trusting and confidential relationships are required. Strong written and oral communication skills are required. Adept in social media platforms and ability to work in web-based content management system is required. Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially Word and Excel, is required. Ability to be detail-oriented and have excellent follow-through and project management skills, manage deadlines and competing priorities, and ability to function independently and without close supervision are required. Skills and ability to adapt quickly, meet deadlines, and manage change are required. Strong data analytic skills are preferred. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Effort: This position organizes events and is frequently required to transport boxes of promotional materials and media equipment weighing twenty-five to fifty pounds.
Other: The scope of the job requires travel and attendance at evening and/or weekend activities, meetings, alumni events, athletics-related events, seminars, and workshops.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for alumni chapter leader management programs to implement best practices across the chapter network creating sustaining programs, events, and initiatives in support of Advancement’s strategic goals and objectives.
2. Develops an annual plan and processes for alumni chapter leaders to execute events, programs, and report their impact.
3. Serves as chapter liaison to approximately 20 chapters and will identify, recruit, and train volunteers.
4. Identifies strategic corporations to engage alumni in the workplace and create mutually beneficial initiatives between the corporate chapter and university. Programs include career fair and student recruitment support, leverage corporate philanthropic matching opportunities, university speaker programs, and service projects.
5. Collaborates with the Director of Annual Giving to establish clear strategies, develop action plans, set goals and priorities, and create marketing efforts and tactics to support the chapter scholarship program.
6. Collaborates with marketing and communications to create collateral material and brand identity to support and grow the chapter and corporate program.
7. Coordinates with Advancement communications to implement communication strategies and evaluates, manages, and monitors the chapter program’s digital assets. Ensures chapter programs are included and volunteer achievements are recognized in the Missouri State Magazine.
8. Coordinates the annual Volunteer Leadership Summit to engage and train engagement volunteers.
9. Determines, compiles, and reports metrics on a recurring basis to demonstrate the chapter and corporate program impact on engagement and annual giving participation rate.
10. Co-supervises a Graduate Assistant and provides a meaningful work experience for them to support and impact chapter and corporate programs.
11. Collaborates with Advancement leadership to identify, cultivate, and grow corporate chapters and creates strategic engagement opportunities and programs for alumni in corporate chapters.
12. Assists in the oversight of Alumni Association Board of Directors activities to achieve Advancement’s goals and objectives to develop and grow chapter and corporate engagement.
13. Contributes to the growth and effectiveness of the Missouri State University Alumni Association by researching and implementing best-in-class programs and initiatives.
14. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
15. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as directed by the supervisor.
16. Contributes to the overall success of University Advancement by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director of Engagement and Alumni Relations.
The Assistant Director, Chapter and Corporate Engagement reports to the Executive Director of Engagement and Alumni Relations.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES