TITLE China Programs Specialist-COBA
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 1688
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Associate Dean, College of Business
MAJOR ADMINISTRATOR Dean, College of Business
The China Programs Specialist-COB works under the supervision of the Associate Dean of the College of Business (COB) and assists in the development and marketing of international programs with China. The China Programs Specialist-COB facilitates and enhances University partnerships with China EMBA program sponsors by assessing stakeholder needs and developing concomitant materials. The China Programs Specialist-COB supports the existing partnership with Liaoning University in Dalian, China by providing research and programmatic support for the approximately 1,000 Chinese students enrolled in the joint LNU-MSU program. The China Programs Specialist-COB works closely with the Office of China Programs in fostering the growth of all China Programs at the University. Continuation of this position is dependent on sufficient revenue being generated by the EMBA Program.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Master of Business Administration (MBA) with a relevant concentration or a related graduate business degree is required.
Experience: At least one year of experience working in a University setting is required.
Skills: Verbal and written fluency in both English and Mandarin Chinese is required; effective oral and written communication skills are required. Knowledge of both U.S. and Chinese cultures and higher education systems is required. Demonstrated skill using Microsoft Office applications is required. A record of inclusive conduct and evidence of multicultural skills in the workplace is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Researches competitor programs in the United States and China, including costs and curriculum, admission requirements, and services offered.
2. Conducts market analyses and develops program expansion plans.
3. Designs marketing materials and creates resources to support faculty and student participation in the China EMBA and joint MSU-LNU programs.
4. Assesses student preferences and needs by conducting focus groups, designing and administering questionnaires, and analyzing data.
5. Uses Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office tools (PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Project, Visio) in completing day-to-day responsibilities.
6. Monitors retention rates for students enrolled in China programs and develops and implements strategies for improvement.
7. Conducts economic impact analysis of the program and potential program changes.
8. Measures student, faculty, and sponsor satisfaction related to the China EMBA and joint MSU-LNU programs.
9. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
10. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, and attending professional development courses.
11. Contributes to the overall success of the College of Business by performing all other duties as assigned.
The China Programs Specialist-COB is supervised by Associate Dean, College of Business.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED JUNE 2012