TITLE Physician, Coordinator of Medical Services
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 1625
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Director, Magers Health and Wellness
The Physician, Coordinator of Medical Services assists the Director of Magers Health and Wellness by coordinating the Medical Staff and provides quality health care for the University community in an out-patient, clinic type setting. Functional responsibilities include diagnosis and treatment of patients using the most current medical knowledge and techniques along with administrative leadership of the Medical Staff.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: M.D. or D.O. Degree is required.
Certification: American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) certification is required.
Experience: Experience in general practice of medicine is required. Experience in preventive medicine and student health work required.
Skills: Administrative and supervisory abilities are required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
License: Must be licensed to practice medicine in Missouri by the Missouri Board of Healing Arts. U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) narcotic registration number is required. Missouri controlled substance registration is required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Establishes and documents performance expectations, work and leave schedules for the Medical Staff to ensure quality care and budget expectations are met.
2. Provides suggestions and recommendations from the Medical Staff as to how other departments at Magers can assist them in providing quality health care.
3. Assists the Director in the formulation of goals and objectives of Magers Health and Wellness.
4. Chairs the Medical Staff Committee at Magers, meets with the Director on a routine basis, and works with other departmental Coordinators to ensure that quality health care is provided to patients.
5. Develops and implements processes for retrospective patient care review, concurrent assessment of clinical practice, credential and privileges review, and initiates corrective action when indicated.
6. Assists the Director in ongoing accreditation processes.
7. Assists the Director with Public Health needs of the University community.
8. Assists the Director with University committee work as assigned and with external relations among the local health care providers and systems.
9. Performs all other duties and responsibilities of a Physician as stated in the job description for a Physician position at Magers Health and Wellness. They are as follows:
- Provides quality health care for eligible members of the University community with an emphasis on individual wellness.
- Assists in providing quality services, which will ensure the continued accreditation of Magers Health and Wellness by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care Inc.
- Assists other members of Magers Health and Wellness Center in providing health care to patients by using the medical team method when appropriate.
- Ensures that quality health care is provided at Magers Health and Wellness Center by assisting the Director in the selection of staff personnel and by recommending medical equipment and supplies as appropriate.
- Keeps current on quality health care by attending professional conferences and meetings on a routine basis.
- Prevents institutional liability by maintaining current knowledge of all federal and state laws regarding the providing of health care, and by maintaining current license to practice in Missouri.
10. Promotes the idea of an educated – healthy student body, by assisting in the development and presentation of educational programs directed to students and other members of the University community.
11. Contributes to the success of Magers Health and Wellness Center by providing advice to Mager’s Director regarding general policies on health-related issues, and by identifying and developing long-range goals and objectives for Magers.
12. Facilitates a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
13. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contracts with colleagues, attending professional development seminars, and attending training/courses as required.
14. Contributes to the overall success of Magers Health and Wellness Center by performing all other duties and responsibilities required.
The Physician, Coordinator of Medical Services reports to and receives administrative supervision from the Director of Magers Health and Wellness, however functions with independence within a broad framework of stated objectives and professional practices.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED MAY 2022