TITLE Director, Magers Health and Wellness Center
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 1615
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Vice President for Student Affairs
The Director of Magers Health and Wellness Center exercises full management responsibility for the operation of Magers Health and Wellness Center, the Employee and Student Wellness Programs, and other university health and wellness programs as assigned. The Director’s responsibilities include planning, organizing, staffing, budgeting, monitoring and assessing outcomes and providing strong leadership for the staff of Magers Health and Wellness Center.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Bachelor's degree is required; a medical or osteopathic degree, or a master's degree in Public Health, Health Care Administration, or a related field is preferred.
Experience: At least five years of leadership experience in health services administration, preferably in a college or university environment is required.
Skills: Proven ability in the management, supervision and evaluation of professional health care staff; experience in health care finance administration, health insurance and managed care reimbursement, health care administrative software and assessment with continuous quality improvement is required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensures the success of the Magers Health and Wellness Center by coordinating the development of both short-range and long-range goals and objectives, evaluating progress towards those goals on a continuing basis, and developing appropriate policies and procedures to facilitate the effective and efficient operation of the Magers Health and Wellness Center.
2. Enhances the quality of university life for students, faculty and staff by developing and maintaining a strong service orientation for the Magers Health and Wellness Center.
3. Builds and retains an effective Magers Health and Wellness Center staff by selecting, training, and evaluating each member and encouraging and supporting opportunities for both individual and group development at all levels.
4. Promotes a positive image of the Magers Health and Wellness Center by informing students, faculty, staff and the community about the programs and services available at the center.
5. Manages funds by developing, planning and controlling the annual Magers Health and Wellness Center budget.
6. Ensures the financial solvency of the Magers Health and Wellness Center while keeping health care costs affordable for members of the university community.
7. Ensures that quality health care is provided and a Continual Quality Improvement (CQI) process is maintained to result in continued accreditation by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC).
8. Prevents institutional liability by ensuring adherence to all federal, state and local laws and regulations governing health service operations, advising the administration of changes regarding health care issues, and preparing appropriate responses to inquiries on health care issues.
9. Facilitates improved communications and understanding of the services available from the Magers Health and Wellness Center by appointing staff members to appropriate university committees.
10. Prevents institutional liability by ensuring that all required licensures are reviewed and kept in force.
11. Promotes the university and the Magers Health and Wellness Center by encouraging membership and participation in professional organizations.
12. Ensures a smooth and efficient daily operation of the Magers Health and Wellness Center by obtaining sufficient appropriate supplies and equipment.
13. Keeps students, faculty and staff of the university aware of health and wellness issues by developing and making presentations of educational materials on these subjects.
14. Ensures open communications between the Magers Health and Wellness Center and the administration by serving as the campus spokesperson on health-related issues and programs and by providing reports on same to the vice president for student affairs.
15. Contributes to the effectiveness of the Division of Student Affairs by supporting the goals and objectives established by the vice president for student affairs regarding the operation of Magers Health and Wellness Center.
16. Facilitates a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
17. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as required by the vice president for student affairs.
18. Contributes to the overall success of the Office of Student Affairs by performing other duties as assigned by the vice president for student affairs.
The Director, Magers Health and Wellness Center is supervised by the vice president for student affairs and supervises full and part time staff.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED MARCH 2022