TITLE Assistant Box Office Manager
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 1471
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Box Office/Business Manager
The primary duty of the Assistant Box Office Manager is the management and supervision of the daily operation of the box offices at Great Southern Bank Arena (GSB), the Juanita K. Hammons Hall for the Performing Arts (JKHHPA), Hammons Student Center (HSC), Plaster Sports Complex (PSC), Craig Hall, and events ticketed by Missouri State TIX. The Assistant Box Office Manager is responsible for accounting for all cash received, verifying daily cash reports, maintaining accurate bookkeeping documents, and depositing all ticket receipts. The Assistant Box Office Manager selects, trains, schedules, and supervises the staff of student workers employed to staff the Box Office. The Assistant Box Office Manager exercises discretion and independent judgment in resolving problems and ticketing issues to the satisfaction of customer.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A high school diploma or the equivalent is required. Completion of technical or specialized training or education in personal computers and the use of spreadsheet software products are preferred.
Experience: At least two years of experience is required in positions that required daily contact with the public and responsibility for cash management. Box office experience or related work experience in the entertainment or sports industry is required. One year of supervisory experience is preferred.
Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills, supervisory skills, and excellent interpersonal skills, particularly in dealing with the public, are required. Computer literacy is required. A record of inclusive conduct and evidence of multicultural skills in the workplace are preferred.
Other: The scope of the job frequently requires attendance at evening and/or weekend activities, performances, lectures, and/or rehearsals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manages daily box office operations by supervising Box Office workers, assisting with ticketing and customer service, preparing the daily cash deposit for the box office(s) supervised, reconciling daily sales, updating and troubleshooting the computerized ticketing system, and scheduling and organizing staff for events at the assigned venues.
2. Helps to assure that ticket buyers receive good customer service and have a positive experience with the Box Office by training workers in customer service techniques, monitoring the performance of staff, complying with customer requests to the extent possible, and using discretion and independent judgment in solving problems quickly and to the satisfaction of the customer.
3. Facilitates ticket sales by maintaining and accurately preparing for the sale of tickets within the computerized ticketing system, charting by section, row, and seat number, indicating available seating for events and performances, and printing individual tickets.
4. Assists in the development of an effective and efficient box office staff by selecting qualified student workers, training them in box office operations and customer service, providing appropriate supervision, enforcing operational policies and procedures published in a box office operations manual, and evaluating work performance.
5. Safeguards ticket receipts by properly accounting for all cash received in the box office, verifying daily cash reports and maintaining accurate bookkeeping records regarding sales, and making deposits of ticket receipts appropriately.
6. Contributes to the marketing effort of the of GSB and JKHHPA, assists in the development of marketing and promotional activities which are cost efficient and increase revenues, recommends improved box office operational methods and procedures, prepares reports for marketing staff, assists in mailing of seasonal brochures to season ticket holders, corporate and business sponsors, other constituencies and the general public.
7. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
8. Maintains competency and professional currency through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional
development courses, and attending training and/or courses required by the Box Office/Business Manager.
9. Contributes to the overall success of Missouri State Tix by performing all other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Assistant Box Office Manager is supervised by the Box Office/Business Manager, supervises student workers, and makes recommendations that are given particular weight regarding the hiring, firing, advancement, promotion, and other changes of status of those supervised.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED AUGUST 2022