TITLE Business Process and Reporting Analyst - Human Resources
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 1331
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Director of Human Resources
MAJOR ADMINISTRATOR Vice President for Administrative Services
The Business Process and Reporting Analyst - Human Resources provides technical leadership and support in the development, implementation, and enhancement of technical solutions critical to the mission of the Office of Human Resources. The Business Process and Reporting Analyst - Human Resources improves business processes by analyzing day-to-day and recurring operations and takes a technical lead in designing and communicating enhancements and fixes. The Business Process and Reporting Analyst - Human Resources keeps staff apprised of status updates, leads testing, and assists with documenting and training staff on improvements and changes, including upgrades to Human Resources information systems (HRIS), for example, the benefits system, applicant tracking system, learning management system, Banner, etc. and reporting software. The Business Process and Reporting Analyst researches, develops, and enhances the human resources data systems and other related applications for data reporting and analysis and plays a key role in enhancing Human Resources’ ability to provide employee-related data, applications, and resources that support data-driven decisions. The Business Process and Reporting Analyst - Human Resources assists with providing and maintaining access to University applications maintained and/or utilized by the Office of Human Resources.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. A Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field is preferred.
Experience: A minimum of two years of experience in one or more of the following areas is required: a) leadership and management of information technology projects, b) analysis of data systems for the enhancement of business operations, or c) production of advanced report writing through database application programming with fluency exhibited in at least three of the following: PL/SQL, SQL, Argos, Applications Manager (i.e. AppWorx), HTML, ASP, XML, GRAILS, Oracle tools, or similar languages or tools. Experience with relational databases and SQL is required. A minimum of one year of project lead experience is required. A minimum of one year of experience in the design of complex database-driven application systems is preferred. Knowledge of Ellucian’s Banner software suite and ODS/EDW is preferred. Experience with web development is preferred. Supervisory experience is preferred. Work experience in higher education is preferred; work experience in the functional area is preferred.
Skills: The ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, reason analytically, and work with people possessing differing levels of technical knowledge is required. The ability to solve complex procedural and/or software problems by using logic, creativity, technical, and interpersonal skills is required. Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with a focus on providing excellent customer service is required. The ability to maintain confidentiality in regard to information processed, stored, or accessed by the systems is required. Effective verbal and written communication skills and proficiency in writing technical specifications are required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Confers with staff to determine and analyze needs, define business processes, make recommendations, and provide design and development for HRIS software in support of changing needs and priorities using project management cycle standards.
2. Works with information technology staff to design, develop, implement, test, and document project deliverables of new and enhanced HRIS applications and to help resolve performance, access, and security issues within HRIS applications.
3. Remains current on relevant industry technology standards and makes recommendations to update systems in order to help maintain an efficient operation.
4. Assists in the coordination of timely and appropriate communication and/or training sessions of new and updated applications, reports, and information distributed by the Office of Human Resources to the campus community.
5. Communicates and collaborates with Human Resources staff and information technology staff about system/software updates and changes by coordinating and conducting testing, providing training, and assisting with documenting office procedures.
6. Collaborates with Human Resources staff to develop and maintain employee-related reports to support data-based decision making, performs analyses of report data to provide meaningful and accurate information, and assists in the development of data objects to support complex reporting needs.
7. Provides knowledge and awareness about employee privacy and confidentiality to the University data users regarding issues related to the HRIS, data, and reports.
8. May assist in the design and development of content for Human Resources unit web pages and other approved and appropriate social media outlets.
9. Serves on committees pertaining to HRIS, reporting, and other relevant topics.
10. Resolves problems and enhances various processes, projects, procedures, etc. by employing critical thinking skills and creativity.
11. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
12. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as required by the assigned supervisor.
13. Contributes to the overall success of the Office of Human Resources and/or the Division for Administrative Services by performing all other duties as assigned.
The Business Process and Reporting Analyst – Human Resources is supervised by the Director, Human Resources.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES