TITLE Admissions and Marketing Systems Specialist
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 1273
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Assistant Director, Admissions – Events, Outreach and Recruitment
The Admissions and Marketing Systems Specialist uses creativity, imagination, originality, and talent to develop, write, and edit materials for the University’s customer relationship management (CRM) system. The Admissions and Marketing Systems Specialist interprets and presents the Missouri State University brand to all audiences and creates action-oriented digital marketing copy aimed at prospective students, inquiries, and applicants. The Admissions and Marketing Systems Specialist supports all aspects of the CRM system including communication campaigns, landing pages, and events. The Admissions and Marketing Systems Specialist builds and maintains content associated with the CRM and proofreads original copy, as well as prepared materials, for readability and grammatical correctness. The Admissions and Marketing Systems Specialist assists with print publications as needed. The Admissions and Marketing Systems Specialist meets with visiting students and parents, makes formal presentations, and works with the Assistant Director, Admissions – Events, Outreach and Recruitment in matters concerning targeted audiences, editorial style, and format in order to ensure consistency and quality of written content published in print or online. The Admissions and Marketing Systems Specialist collaborates with the Assistant Director, Admissions – Events, Outreach and Recruitment to coordinate promotion and execution of recruitment events. The Admissions and Marketing Systems Specialist represents Missouri State University at college fairs and high school/community college recruitment visits, counsels prospective students and their parents regarding admission requirements, academic programs, financial aid and scholarships, residence life and housing, student organizations, and activities, and responds to written, phone, email and in-person inquiries.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Bachelor’s degree granted prior to the start date of the position is required; a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communication, English or a related area is preferred.
Experience: One year of work experience in a professional writing position in a marketing environment or a creative setting or a minimum of three semesters of experience in a part-time position in a similar professional setting is required. Familiarity with database systems such as Ellucian Banner, PeopleSoft or some other type of database product utilized by institutions of higher learning is preferred. Knowledge of higher education recruitment and admissions procedures is preferred. Experience utilizing innovative technology such as a CRM solution is preferred.
Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required, especially an ability to write for external publications. Strong proofreading and editing skills are required. Organizational and planning skills are required. The ability to manage a high volume of complex projects is required. Experience working with diverse teams to implement a system or solution is required. Demonstrated skill in public speaking and in engaging with large audiences is required. Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, in a higher education environment is required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Effort: Daily travel between the two Office of Admissions worksites is required. This position makes presentations, attends recruiting events, transports and sets-up media equipment, supplies, and displays unassisted. Data entry and computer work is required.
License: A valid driver's license is required.
Other: Must be available to attend events during evenings and weekends; out-of-town, overnight travel is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Helps to promote the University to prospective students by using invention, imagination, originality, and talent in preparing copy for Admissions recruitment and outreach.
2. Assists in the gathering, writing, and editing of material for Admissions communications and ensures accuracy and completeness of the final product.
3. Researches creative trends in the marketplace and applies that knowledge to University brand messaging and the CRM system to communicate and engage with prospective students throughout the enrollment cycle.
4. Assures the production of material is consistent with established guidelines by organizing materials and completing writing assignments in accordance with set standards regarding order, conciseness, style, and terminology.
5. Assures consistency with standards by reviewing and making changes to material prepared by other writers or other personnel, as needed.
6. Develops an in-depth knowledge of the University’s strategic enrollment management plan and monitors and tests recruitment/marketing systems to anticipate performance issues and enhancements.
7. Assists in the coordination and execution of recruitment events.
8. Engages with prospective students and their families throughout the enrollment cycle, including but not limited to making admission presentations, attending recruitment events, visiting schools, and conducting individual appointments related to the enrollment process.
9. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
10. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as directed by the Assistant Director, Admissions – Events, Outreach and Recruitment.
11. Contributes to the overall success of the Office of Admissions by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Admissions and Marketing Systems Specialist is supervised by the Assistant Director for Events, Outreach and Recruitment and assists in supervising graduate assistants and student employees.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED APRIL 2021