TITLE Coordinator, Student Services Systems - West Plains
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 1271
The Coordinator, Student Services Systems – West Plains promotes effective and maximum use of the University’s student information system and other campus-wide software using an advanced understanding of University policies and procedures and the functional and technical aspects of the student information system. The Coordinator, Student Services Systems – West Plains provides training, assists with problem solving, and serves as a liaison between Student Services’ offices and Information Technology Services staff in the analysis, design, integration, implementation, and maintenance of the various software systems that support the functions of admissions, registration, student records, degree audits, and financial aid. The Coordinator, Student Services Systems – West Plains provides consultation and support to units outside of Student Services that regularly utilize or interface with student and course information systems by evaluating their information and/or business process needs and recommending solutions. The Coordinator, Student Services Systems – West Plains assists in the administration of policies and procedures related to unique student programs. The Coordinator, Student Services Systems – West Plains assists in the evaluation of third-party software solutions being considered by the University and assists in the implementation of such systems when appropriate. The Coordinator, Student Services Systems – West Plains assists in the development of processes and procedures to ensure data security and accuracy.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: An associate’s degree is required, preferably in business, management, or computer information systems. A bachelor’s degree in one of these fields is preferred.
Experience: At least three years of experience in the development, maintenance, and utilization of comprehensive and complex student information systems (admission, registration, student records, and degree audit) or systems with a similar level of complexity is required. Knowledge of Ellucian’s Banner software suite is preferred.
Skills: The ability to diagnose and resolve technical problems and to understand, interpret, and analyze data and business process needs of integrated functions in a complex system is required. The ability to effectively translate data and business process needs between end users and systems analysts and programmers is required. Competency in the use of query tools and applications software is required. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Supports the core functions of Student Services offices (e.g., Admissions, Financial Aid, and Registrar) by developing and maintaining a high-level understanding of the University’s student information system (Banner) as well as the information and business process needs of those offices, acquiring and utilizing a knowledge of University policies and procedures and coordinating between Student Services staff and Information Technology Services staff in the acquisition, development, implementation, and maintenance of software systems and their associated upgrades.
2. Supports offices and departments outside of Student Services (Business Office, Academic Support Services, Academic Affairs, etc.) that use an interface with student and/or course information systems by developing an understanding of their information and business process needs and suggesting ways to meet those needs through utilization of and/or integration with Student Services information systems.
3. Supports the administration of unique student programs (e.g., consortium agreements, partnerships, and academies and institutes) by applying knowledge of student information systems and academic policies to the development of procedures that meet the needs of those programs.
4. Ensures integrity and effective utilization of data systems by acting as system administrator for student and course information and determining access rights to such information, understanding University and external (e.g., FERPA) policies that regulate disclosure of student information, and coordinating with Information Technology Services in the management of access to systems and system monitoring (the development and utilization of edit reports and the utilization of system query tools to identify data discrepancies).
5. Provides ongoing technical expertise which utilizes an advanced knowledge and understanding of federal regulations and University policies and procedures related to student academic records and course information by designing student data management systems, designing and testing processes required by law or regulation, such as address cleansing and student certification, and assisting with the development of ongoing projects such as web page programming, state and federal reporting, etc.
6. Provides research analysis for queries relating to student management initiatives and assists in providing extracts, analysis, and reports for divisional stakeholders.
7. Contributes to the development of policies and procedures on a broad range of issues affecting Student Services by serving on appropriate committees and supporting the goals of the unit and the University.
8. Assists staff in the implementation of business process redesign solutions and new technology by providing training and creating resource materials, user guides, and documentation of solutions.
9. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
10. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as required by the Dean of Student Services.
11. Contributes to the overall success of Student Services and the University by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Coordinator, Student Services Systems reports to the Dean of Student Services and may be required to supervise student employees on projects.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED MAY 2021