TITLE Manager, Admissions and Marketing Systems
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 1268
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Associate Director of Operations - Admissions
MAJOR ADMINISTRATOR Director of Admissions
The Manager, Admissions and Marketing Systems provides support to the Office of Admissions for the University’s customer relationship management (CRM) system, develops and implements multi-channel communication strategies aimed at prospective students, inquiries, and applicants. The Manager, Admissions and Marketing Systems maintains all aspects of the CRM system including permissions, campaigns, landing pages, events, queries, data extracts, and reports. The Manager, Admissions and Marketing Systems builds and maintains engagement experiences using the CRM system in support of academic, departmental, and University initiatives.
MINIMUM ACCAPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A bachelor’s degree is required; a degree in communications, journalism, marketing, information technology, or a related field is preferred.
Experience: Demonstrated experience working with marketing technologies, including CRM systems is required. Experience working with diverse teams to implement a system or solution is required. Experience coding with HTML is preferred.
Skills: Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are required. Demonstrated skill in public speaking and in engaging with large audiences is required. Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, in a higher education environment is required. Proficiency in the use of computer information systems and a basic understanding of hardware maintenance is required. The ability to learn and follow complex procedures and detailed policies is required. Excellent organizational skills and a keen attention to detail and accuracy of data and information are required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required. Knowledge of higher education recruitment and admissions procedures is preferred. The ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical staff is preferred.
Effort: This position is based in the Office of Admissions located in Carrington Hall but works with staff located at both the Welcome Center and Carrington Hall, requiring at least daily travel between the two buildings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manages the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the CRM system in conjunction with other marketing tools and 3rd party systems.
2. Ensures the effective and efficient use of the CRM system to communicate and engage with prospective students throughout the enrollment cycle.
3. Troubleshoots CRM and integration issues and serves as the main contact with vendors to resolve issues and/or provide solutions.
4. Perform data management tasks, including data conversion, data migration, deduplication, and identification and repair of data quality issues.
5. Develops an in-depth knowledge of the University’s enrollment management plan and works directly with stakeholders on the capabilities and limitations of the systems and provides support and shares best practices.
6. Monitors and tests recruitment/marketing systems to anticipate performance issues and enhancements.
7. Engages with prospective students and their families throughout the enrollment cycle, including but not limited to performing admission presentations, attending recruitment events, and conducting individual appointments related to the enrollment process.
8. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and the development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
9. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses required by the Associate Director. Admissions.
10. Supports the continued success of the Office of Admissions by performing all other duties as assigned.
The Manager, Admissions and Marketing Systems is supervised by the Associate Director, Admissions.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES