TITLE Admissions Coordinator-Customer Service and Events
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 1267
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Director of Admissions
MAJOR ADMINISTRATOR Associate Vice President, Enrollment Management
The Admissions Coordinator – Customer Service and Events utilizes institutional data and best practices in recruitment to develop, manage, and evaluate recruiting events and customer service operations in the Office of Admissions and the Welcome Center that are designed to enhance guest relations for the purpose of affecting the enrollment behaviors of prospective students. The Admissions Coordinator – Customer Service and Events plans and organizes customer service functions to ensure that front desk operations, admissions appointment, recruitment events, and travel calendars are properly planned and assigned for all Admissions staff, graduate assistants, and student workers. The Admissions Coordinator – Customer Service and Events uses a survey instrument to collect appointment and event data and prepares and analyzes the data to measure achievement of event goals and customer satisfaction. The Admissions Coordinator – Customer Service and Events manages a territory of high schools and community colleges and represents Missouri State University at selected recruitment visits. The Admissions Coordinator – Customer Service and Events counsels prospective students and their parents regarding admission requirements, academic programs, financial aid and scholarships, residence halls, and student organizations and activities. Using professional judgment and established University admission policy, the Admissions Coordinator – Customer Service and Events performs individual review of application documents of applicants in their territory who do not meet scale and/or core admission criteria, as well as applicants who have submitted the supplemental form and/or an appeal for admission as an exception, in order to make an admission decision and determine scholarship eligibility.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A bachelor’s degree is required; a master’s degree is preferred.
Experience: At least two years of experience working in a higher education institution is required; experience in recruitment, admissions, and/or experience planning large events and managing complex projects is required. Supervisory experience is preferred.
Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. A working knowledge of computer database systems is required. Effective supervisory skills are required. The ability to learn and follow complex procedures and detailed policies while working with minimal supervision is required. Effective decision-making skills are required. Familiarity with Microsoft Office products is required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Effort: This position makes presentations and coordinates events requiring lifting and transporting media equipment, supplies, and displays that may weigh thirty or more pounds, unassisted. Occasional overnight travel and evening and weekend work hours are required.
License: A valid Missouri driver’s license is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develops programming for recruitment events and implements tools to measure outcomes designed to impact enrollment behaviors for prospective students.
2. Develops and manages budgeted expenditures for planned recruitment events.
3. Ensures that front desk operations, admissions appointments, recruitment events, and travel calendars are properly planned and assigned for all admissions staff, graduate assistants, and student workers.
4. Ensures successful implementation of key programs of interest in Admissions, such as the telecounseling program, the alumni ambassador program, community counselor programming, etc.
5. Researches and performs statistical analysis of data compiled from front desk operations, daily admission appointments, and recruitment events to develop measurable targets for customer service and future even planning in order to impact student enrollment behaviors.
6. Contributes to the achievement of University enrollment and recruitment goals and objectives by representing Missouri State University at selected college fairs and high school and community college recruitment visits, advising prospective students and their parents regarding admission policy and requirements, academic programs, financial aid and scholarships, residence halls, student organizations and activities, assisting with the development of publications used for admissions and recruitment, responding to written, phone, email, and in-person inquiries, meeting with visiting students and parents, and planning activities and events, both on and off-campus, for prospective students, families, and high school counselors.
7. Develops and manages budgeted expenditures for recruitment events, works with Marketing and Communications and Web Strategy and Development to provide creative oversight and direction towards the development of admission publications, web pages, and email campaigns designed to impact enrollment behaviors for prospective student target markets, and monitors, measures, and performs statistical analysis of data to determine the effectiveness of outreach strategies related to enrollment goals, and monitors, measures, and reports on the impact of strategy related to enrollment and customer service goals.
8. Performs individual review of application documents of applicants in their territory who do not meet scale and/or core admission criteria, as well as applicants who have submitted the supplemental form and/or an appeal for admission as an exception, in order to make an admission decision and determine scholarship eligibility.
9. Facilitates a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and the development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
10. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses required by the Director of Admissions.
11. Assists in meeting enrollment, recruitment, and student service objectives of the University by performing other duties as assigned.
The Admissions Coordinator-Customer Service and Events is supervised by the Director of Admissions, supervises the Customer Service Manager, graduate assistant(s), and student employees working with recruitment projects and/or events.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES