TITLE Coordinator, Career Development Center - West Plains
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 1257
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Dean, Academic Affairs
The Coordinator, Career Development Center provides comprehensive career services to include workshops and programs, career coaching, employer relations, student employment, and internship/job placement opportunities. The Coordinator, Career Development Center plans, implements, and evaluates related programs and delivers career development services in support of the college’s mission and goals. The Coordinator, Career Development Center collects, manages, and organizes data of participants (gender, race/ethnicity, residency, part-time or full-time status, degree or certificate seeking, retention, and graduation rates) to comply with reporting requirements. The Coordinator, Career Development Center assists students with college and career planning, career assessment, internship opportunities, employment opportunities, and building relationships between the University and school and business partners in the community and surrounding area. The Coordinator, Career Development Center develops and shares career pathways for educational programs that provide students with information regarding occupations and activities related to long-term career goals.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Bachelor’s degree is required. A Master’s degree is preferred.
Experience: Previous experience in cooperative education, career services, career coaching or counseling, or other student services areas at the college/university level is preferred.
Skills: Effective verbal and written communication skills are required. The ability to utilize Microsoft Office programs, career data tracking software, and other computer applications is required. The ability to work independently to accomplish objectives is required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Effort: Some lifting of boxes and reaching for supplies on high shelves is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Collects and reports participant information.
2. Develops and manages program goals and measures, maintains statistical data, and maintains the participant tracking information to document employment outcomes of specified participants.
3. Collaborates with the Division of State Workforce Development to obtain data from state agency databases as appropriate to track participant data to measure participant outcomes.
4. Provides students with information on the full range of resources available for career support, administers and interprets career assessments, provides career information about full-time, part-time, and employment and internship opportunities, and assists in all aspects of professional credential preparation, including resume writing and interviewing skills improvement.
5. Actively engages business and industry in the development of internship, registered apprenticeship, and full-time employment opportunities.
6. Promotes a positive work experience for students following job placement by completing follow-up activities with students.
7. Organizes major projects and events, such as Career Fairs and on-campus interviews, and promotes the programs and services provided by the Career Development Center by making presentations to classes and student organizations.
8. Promotes the University and Career Development Services through participation in professional organizations.
9. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
10. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses required.
11. Contributes to the overall success Academic Affairs by performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Coordinator, Career Development Center – West Plains is supervised by the Dean of Academic Affairs and may supervise staff and/or student employees.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED JANUARY 2021