TITLE Content and Marketing Strategist - West Plains
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 1222
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Director, University Communications
The Content and Marketing Strategist - West Plains manages the planning, execution, and measurement of University digital marketing campaigns that drive student enrollment and advance the University’s strategic goals, visibility, and reputation. The Content and Marketing Strategist - West Plains works on strategic marketing initiatives to manage projects from inception to completion and develops strategies that will help meet University marketing goals. The Content and Marketing Strategist - West Plains uses invention, imagination, originality, and talent to write and edit content for assigned websites and other electronic applications. The Content and Marketing Strategist - West Plains works to ensure that assigned websites and social media content, branding, and marketing messages are created, maintained, updated, and evaluated for effectiveness and efficiency.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Bachelor’s degree granted prior to the start date of the position in marketing, advertising, public relations, or a closely-related field is required.
Experience: Either one year of work experience in a professional marketing, advertising, public relations, or closely-related field or a minimum of three semesters of experience in a part-time position in a similar professional setting is required. Experience with social media applications is required. Experience with social media and digital advertising is preferred. Experience with marketing writing and Google Analytics is preferred.
Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Strong proofreading and editing skills are required. Organizational and planning skills are required. Knowledge of word processing is required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required. Knowledge of social media and content management software is preferred.
Other: The scope of the job requires some evening and weekend work. Occasional overnight or out-of-town travel is required. Extended periods working at a computer workstation are required. The position uses computer monitors and keyboards to write and edit documents and edit photos.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manages the planning, execution, and measurement of University digital marketing campaigns that drive student enrollment and advance the University’s strategic goals, visibility, and reputation.
2. Helps to promote the University to prospective students by using invention, imagination, originality, and talent in preparing copy for recruitment communication products including emails, website content, and social media content.
3. Assists in the preparation of strategic marketing plans that support short- and long-term University initiatives.
4. Manages digital advertising budgets and social media efforts and uses analytics to optimize performance and return on investment (ROI).
5. Stays current on trends and online audience behaviors and preferences and proactively suggests new strategies in the creation and implementation of content for various paid search and social media platforms.
6. Manages social media and online marketing campaigns as well as day-to-day online and social media activity, including advertising, writing, community outreach efforts, and promotions.
7. Writes and edits content for various University websites and social media applications.
8, Provides training and coaching to other University communicators on social media and digital marketing.
9. Serves as a thought leader in the use of cutting-edge social media tactics designed to build, inform, and engage key University audiences.
10. Researches creative trends in the marketplace and applies that knowledge to University brand messaging.
11. Assures the production of material is consistent with established guidelines by organizing materials and completing writing assignments in accordance with set standards regarding order, conciseness, style, and terminology.
12. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
13. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as directed by the Director, University Communications.
14. Contributes to the overall success of the Office of University Communications by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Content and Marketing Strategist - West Plains is supervised by the Director of University Communications and assists in supervising student employees.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES