TITLE Associate Director, Admissions - Operations and Systems
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 1212
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Director of Admissions
MAJOR ADMINISTRATOR Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management
The Associate Director, Admissions – Operations and Systems provides leadership in the utilization of business intelligence, data analytics, and information systems to support the development and implementation of the undergraduate recruitment plan. The Associate Director, Admissions – Operations and Systems oversees search services, application processing, admission decision modules, student information systems for recruitment and admission, and queries designed to extract information to inform data-driven decision making. The Associate Director, Admissions – Operations and Systems oversees client relationship management strategies across multiple platforms including print, digital, and social media campaigns and manages queries used to create and coordinate the flow of communication with targeted student populations. The Associate Director, Admissions – Operations and Systems assists the Director of Admissions in developing and implementing plans and initiatives to recruit a diverse student population, administers the undergraduate admission policy, and reviews and determines student eligibility for Missouri residency for fee purposes.
Education: A bachelor’s degree is required; a master’s degree is preferred.
Experience: At least three years of management and supervisory experience in admissions at a college or university is required. A working knowledge of database systems such as Ellucian’s Banner, PeopleSoft, or some other type of database product utilized by institutions of higher learning is required. Experience utilizing innovative technology such as a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solution is preferred. Experience with integrated student information systems and the utilization of data for analysis and assessment purposes is required.
Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. The ability to understand, interpret, and analyze data and the business process needs of the integrated functions of a complex administrative business system is required. The ability to translate data and business process needs between end users and programmers is required. Competency in the use of query tools and software utilized to collect and process applicant data is required. Effective supervisory skills are required. Customer service skills are required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Effort: Some data entry is required. Light lifting on an infrequent basis is required.
License: The ability to obtain a valid Missouri driver’s license is required.
Other: Occasional overnight travel and evening and weekend hours are required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Contributes to the successful accomplishment of the University’s enrollment objectives by working with the Director of Admissions to develop and implement a comprehensive student recruitment plan for undergraduate students which includes, but is not limited to, the following components: effective and efficient processing of applicant data, supervision of the processing of applications, decisions, and transcript evaluation, and monitoring of the accomplishment of goals established for business practices and customer service standards.
2. Contributes to the development of queries for the implementation of a communication plan driven by vendor-related software such as a CRM system and serves as part of the team that assesses, maintains, and conducts an annual review of application and communication tools.
3. Ensures compliance with the University’s undergraduate admission policy by supervising a team of admission evaluators trained to review and authenticate the academic credentials of applicants, determine course equivalencies, and counsel students and their families regarding admission criteria and alternatives and recommends exceptions to senior administrators when appropriated.
4. Develops, supervises, and trains admission evaluators, professional staff, graduate assistants, and student workers.
5. Supports University student recruitment efforts by understanding the data stored in the student information systems database tables, and maintains the integrity of the data entered into the database.
6. Provides the data required to meet the needs of the Office of Admissions by using query management tools, researching data requests, and working with Computer Services and Enrollment Management staff in support enrollment goals and recruitment initiatives.
7. Supports efforts to develop processes to avoid duplication of student records by understanding how each University department affects records stored in the database and works with other University departments to resolve issues related to duplicated student records.
8. Manages the Admissions communication plan by supervising the Admissions Coordinator – Data and Communications in the processing and distribution of admission content and messages and coordinates with other offices (e.g., Student Orientation, Advisement, and Registration (SOAR), Residence Life, Housing and Dining Services, and Financial Aid) in the dissemination of information to targeted student populations.
9. Represents the Office of Admissions by serving on various University committees and participating in appropriate state and national professional organizations.
10. Serves on the Individual Review Committee for the supplemental application process while maintaining open lines of communication with school counselors and the public on issues related to policies and procedures for admission to Missouri State University.
11. Ensures the efficiency of admission procedures by developing and maintaining procedure manuals for admission system users, coordinating informational updates with other administrative offices that use the admission system, and developing and managing enhanced admission services via technical tools.
12. Adheres to National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and Missouri Valley Conference (MVC) rules as communicated by the Associate Director of Athletics, Compliance related to dealings with student-athletes and/or Athletics Department personnel and reports any concerns or possible violations of those guidelines to the immediate supervisor.
13. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
14. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as required by the Director of Admissions.
15. Contributes to the success of the Office of Admissions by advising and assisting the Director of Admissions in all aspects relating to the recruitment and admission of undergraduate students and by performing all other essential duties as assigned.
The Associate Director, Admissions – Operations and Systems is supervised by the Director of Admissions and supervises full-time employees and part-time and student employees.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES