TITLE Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management and Services
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 1200
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Vice President for Student Affairs
MAJOR ADMINISTRATOR President
The Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management and Services provides leadership in the development and implementation of a comprehensive enrollment management plan for the University. The Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management and Services provides oversight and coordination between the offices of Admissions, Career Center, Financial Aid, Registrar, Veteran Student Center, and Scholarships to ensure delivery of quality services to all constituents, including prospective, current, and former students and faculty, staff, and administrators. The Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management and Services contributes to the development of effective policies and procedures related to student enrollment and enrollment-related functions. The Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management and Services generates reports and data to inform the campus community regarding enrollment-related issues and serves as an ex-officio member of the Provost staff and Academic Leadership Council.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Master's degree is required. A Doctorate is preferred.
Experience: At least seven years of significant experience is required in an enrollment management unit (e.g., Admissions, Financial Aid, and/or Registrar), including at least three years at the director or assistant vice president level is required. Experience in the development and implementation of comprehensive college or university enrollment management plans with evidence of effectiveness in marketing and recruitment, experience in the development and implementation of data-driven strategic plans, and the ability to organize administrative units to maximize achievement of recruiting and enrollment goals is required.
Skills: Requires management skills in the selection and supervision of professional staff, excellent oral and written communication skills, budget management skills, the ability to assimilate and interpret complex data, and a sensitivity to issues related to recruitment and retention of a diverse student body. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Other: The scope of the position requires occasional travel, and some evening and weekend work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides leadership for the University’s enrollment management effort by coordinating the development and implementation of an effective enrollment management plan, including enrollment objectives and strategies to achieve those objectives, chairing the Executive Enrollment Management Committee, and participating in other committees and task forces related to enrollment management.
2. Provides oversight for the offices that are part of the Enrollment Management and services unit (Admissions, Career Center, Financial Services, Registrar, Scholarships, and Veteran Student Center) to ensure delivery of quality services to all constituents, including prospective, current, and former students, academic and administrative departments, faculty and staff, and others.
3. Contributes to the development of effective policies and procedures related to student enrollment and enrollment-related functions.
4. Generates and distributes, in coordination with the Office of Institutional Research, Enrollment reports, trend data, and analysis to inform the campus community and support data-driven decision making.
5. Provides support to the Provost and academic units and supports the connection between Student Affairs and Academic Affairs by serving as an ex-officio member of the Provost staff and the Academic Leadership Council.
6. Works collaboratively with Colleges and other units for recruitment and admission processes for dual-credit, transfer, and non-traditional students.
7. Provides relevant data and analysis to the Provost, academic deans, and other academic administrators regarding enrollment trends, course demands, and other indicators needed to support decisions regarding course offerings.
8. Works in coordination with the Associate Provost for Student Development and Public Affairs, the Associate Provost and Dean of the Graduate College, the Director of Admissions, Director of Financial Aid, Director of International Services, the Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management and Services/Registrar, and other key administrators to ensure effective implementation of initiatives designed to meet enrollment goals.
9. Coordinates with the Vice President for Marketing and Communications and staff within that division in the development and effective promulgation of the University’s marketing message.
10. Supports the Vice President for Student Affairs by editing materials prepared for the Board of Governors, the media, and administrative publications and writing and preparing materials for major audiences.
11. Assists the Vice President for Student Affairs in responding to student issues and concerns.
12. Adheres to National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and Missouri Valley Conference (MVC) rules as communicated by the Associate Director of Athletics, Compliance related to dealings with student-athletes and/or Athletics Department personnel and reports any concerns or possible violations of those guidelines to the immediate supervisor.
13. Facilitates a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
14. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as directed by the Vice President for Student Affairs.
15. Contributes to the overall success of the Division of Student Affairs by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Vice President for Student Affairs.
The Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management and Services is supervised by the Vice President for Student Affairs and supervises several units, including Admissions, Financial Aid, Registrar, Career Center, Veteran Student Center, and Scholarships.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED MARCH 2019