TITLE Business Process and Reporting Analyst - Advancement
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 1186
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Director, Advancement Services
MAJOR ADMINISTRATOR Vice President for University Advancement
The Business Process and Reporting Analyst - Advancement provides technical leadership and support in the development, implementation, and enhancement of technical solutions critical to the mission of University Advancement. The Business Process and Reporting Analyst - Advancement improves business processes by working with staff to analyze day-to-day and recurring operations and takes a technical lead in designing and communicating enhancements and fixes to information technology staff. The Business Process and Reporting Analyst - Advancement keeps staff apprised of status updates, leads testing, and assists with documenting and training staff on improvements and changes, including upgrades to the University Advancement (UA) information system and reporting software. The Business Process and Reporting Analyst - Advancement researches, develops, and enhances the University’s Advancement data system and other related applications for data reporting and analysis and plays a key role in enhancing University Advancement’s ability to provide alumni and donor-related data, applications, and resources that support data-driven decisions. The Business Process and Reporting Analyst - Advancement assists with providing and maintaining access to University applications maintained and/or utilized by the University Advancement units.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. A Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field is preferred.
Experience: A minimum of two years of experience in one or more of the following areas is required: a) leadership and management of information technology projects, b) analysis of data systems for the enhancement of business operations, or c) production of advanced report writing through database application programming with fluency exhibited in at least three of the following: PL/SQL, SQL, Argos, Applications Manager (i.e. AppWorx), HTML, ASP, XML, GRAILS, Oracle tools, or similar languages or tools. Experience with relational databases and SQL is required. A minimum of one year of project lead experience is required. A minimum of one year of experience in the design of complex database-driven application systems is preferred. Knowledge of Ellucian’s Banner software suite and ODS/EDW is preferred. Experience with web development is preferred. Supervisory experience is preferred. Work experience in higher education is preferred; work experience in the functional area is preferred.
Skills: The ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, reason analytically, and work with people possessing differing levels of technical knowledge is required. The ability to solve complex procedural and/or software problems by using logic, creativity, technical, and interpersonal skills is required. Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with a focus on providing excellent customer service is required. The ability to maintain confidentiality in regard to information processed, stored, or accessed by the systems is required. Effective verbal and written communication skills and proficiency in writing technical specifications are required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Confers with staff to determine and analyze needs, define business processes, make recommendations, and provide design and development for UA software in support of changing needs and priorities using project management cycle standards.
2. Works with information technology staff to design, develop, implement, test, and document project deliverables of new and enhanced UA applications and to help resolve performance, access, and security issues within UA applications.
3. Remains current on relevant industry technology standards and makes recommendations to update systems in order to help maintain and efficient operation.
4. Works collaboratively with the Advancement Applications and Data Analyst.
5. Communicates and collaborates with University Advancement units and information technology staff about system/software updates and changes by coordinating and conducting testing, providing training, and assisting with documenting new office procedures.
6. Collaborates with University staff to develop and maintain advancement-related reports to support data-based decision making, performs analyses of report data to provide meaningful and accurate information, and assists in the development of data objects to support complex reporting needs.
7. Serves on committees pertaining to UA information systems, reporting, and other relevant topics.
8. Resolves problems and enhances various processes, projects, procedures, etc. by employing critical thinking skills and creativity.
9. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
10. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as required by the Director of Advancement Services.
11. Contributes to the overall success of University Advancement by performing all other essential duties as assigned, including but not limited to assisting with Advancement and Alumni events on occasion and providing assistance with computer-related issues or reporting the issues to a user support specialist.
The Business Process and Reporting Analyst - Advancement is supervised by the Director of Advancement Services.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES