TITLE Enrollment Management Analyst
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 1185
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management and Services
The Enrollment Management Analyst supports enrollment management initiatives through research, management of system and data-related projects, and other measures and assists in responding to enrollment management and research related data requests. The Enrollment Management Analyst supports the coordination of University student information systems as they are related to functions of the Admissions Office, Career Center, Office of Financial Aid, Office of the Registrar, Scholarships area, and Veteran Student Center, as well as other campus constituencies that utilize student information systems. The Enrollment Management Analyst assists in the implementation of such systems when appropriate, including the evaluation of third-party software solutions being considered by the University. The Enrollment Management Analyst uses an advanced understanding of University policies and procedures related to student academic records and course information to coordinate between Enrollment Services offices and Computer Services in the analysis, design, integration, implementation, and maintenance of the various student information system software systems. The Enrollment Management Analyst provides consultation and support to units outside of Enrollment Services that regularly utilize or interface with student and course information systems by evaluating their information and/or business process needs and recommending solutions. The Enrollment Management Analyst assists in the development of processes and procedures to ensure data security and accuracy.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in business, management, or computer information systems. A master’s degree in one of these fields is preferred.
Experience: At least three years of experience in the development, maintenance, and utilization of comprehensive and complex student information systems (admission, registration, student records, and degree audit) or systems with a similar level of complexity is required. Experience in data collection and analysis, utilization of query management tools and application software, and project management is required. Experience with software and tools used for data analytics and data visualization (e.g., SPSS, R, Advanced Excel, Tableau, and/or Python) is required. Experience developing predictive models and conducting analyses of consumers/students, competitors, and market behavior is preferred. Experience with research, data analysis, and general functions related to enrollment management is preferred. Knowledge of Ellucian’s Banner software suite is preferred.
Skills: Excellent management, leadership, interpersonal, customer service, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills are required. Knowledge of quantitative statistical comparison and correlation techniques, survey data analysis, data mining, and qualitative data techniques is required. The ability to understand, interpret, and analyze data and business process needs of integrated functions in a complex system is required. The ability to effectively translate data and business process needs between end users and systems analysts and programmers is required. Competency in the use of query tools and applications software is required. The ability to effectively disseminate management information regarding academic regulations and degree requirements to various University constituencies is required. The ability to manage details associated with the implementation of complex policies and procedures is required. Effective decision-making skills are required. The ability to interpret and enforce University, state, and federal regulations is required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required. Advanced knowledge and skills regarding the use of Office 365 suite applications is preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Supports the core functions of Enrollment Services offices (e.g., Admissions, Financial Aid, and Registrar) by developing and maintaining a high-level understanding of the University’s student information system (Banner) as well as the information and business process needs of those offices, acquiring and utilizing a knowledge of University policies and procedures and coordinating between Enrollment Services staff and Computer Services staff in the acquisition, development, implementation, and maintenance of software systems and their associated upgrades.
2. Supports the enrollment management effort of the University by developing familiarity with student systems and understanding the interrelationships between those systems and the importance of data extracted from those systems to support enrollment management data needs.
3. Creates usable strategic information and inference from data and presents the story behind the data to executive staff members.
4. Develops predictive models of consumers/students, competitor behavior, and market behavior and conducts consumer, competitive, and market analyses.
5. Provides data required to meet enrollment management needs by using query management tools and research projects, working with Computer Services staff and Enrollment Services staff to develop queries and reports, and responding to the needs of departments and offices for data to support their enrollment management or student services initiatives.
6. Supports offices and departments outside of Enrollment Services (International Student Services, Graduate College, Residence Life, Housing and Dining Services, Health and Wellness Center, and others) that interface with student and/or course information systems by developing an understanding of their information and business process needs and suggesting ways to meet those needs through utilization of and/or integration with Enrollment Services information systems.
7. Ensures integrity and effective utilization of data systems by acting as system administrator for student and course information and determining access rights to such information, understanding University and external (e.g., FERPA) policies that regulate disclosure of student information, and coordinating with Computer Services in the management of access to systems and system monitoring (the development and utilization of edit reports and the utilization of system query tools to identify data discrepancies).
8. Provides ongoing technical expertise which utilizes an advanced knowledge and understanding of federal regulations and University policies and procedures related to student and course information by helping to implement and test related student and course information systems.
9. Provides research analysis for queries relating to enrollment management initiatives and assists in providing extracts, analysis, and reports for divisional stakeholders.
10. Contributes to the development of policies and procedures on a broad range of issues affecting Enrollment Services by serving on appropriate committees and supporting the goals of the unit and the University.
11. Assists staff in the implementation of business process redesign solutions and new technology by providing training and documentation of solutions.
12. Resolves problems and enhances various processes, projects, procedures, etc. by employing critical thinking skills and creativity.
13. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
14. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses and conferences, and attending training and/or courses as required by the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management and Services.
15. Contributes to the overall success of Enrollment Management and Services and the University by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Enrollment Management Analyst reports to the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management and Services and may be required to supervise Enrollment Management and Services staff (full-time, part-time, and/or graduate assistants) on projects.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED SEPTEMBER 2020