TITLE Student Success, Marketing and Recruitment Coordinator
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 1181
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Dean, College of Agriculture
The Student Success, Marketing and Recruitment Coordinator coordinates the daily administrative operations related to recruitment for undergraduate and graduate programs and special events for the College of Agricultures (COAG) academic programs. The Student Success Marketing and Recruitment Coordinator connects students with clubs in their area of interest, and plans and implements events to connect students to the college. The Student Success Marketing and Recruitment Coordinator helps to achieve the college enrollment and recruitment goals and objectives by establishing and maintaining effective communication with targeted high schools and community colleges and prospective individual and group sessions during campus visits. This position develops and maintains the COAG website, all COAG social medial outlets, coordinates the development of advising materials, and assists with COAG marketing initiatives including press releases and events.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Bachelor’s degree is required; a Master’s degree is preferred.
Experience: At least six months of work experience in higher education or communications is required. Knowledge of agriculture industry and Adobe Creative Suite, including but not limited to, InDesign, Illustrator and Premiere Pro is preferred. Experience with social medial sites is required. Experience in marketing, public relations, and/or advertising at the university/college level is preferred.
Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Excellent interpersonal skills, including conflict management, are required. Computer literacy, including word processing and database management skills, are required. Superior organizational and time management skills are required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures and backgrounds is required. Extensive knowledge of University, its requirements and regulations, is preferred.
Effort: This position transports and sets up unassisted recruitment and display materials and media equipment. Some data entry and computer work is required.
License: Must have a valid driver’s license.
Other: The scope of this position requires occasional weekend and overnight travel and transportation of materials and media equipment. The position requires working at trade shows, giving presentations, attending job fairs, local and state fairs, and national conventions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Advises student clubs and organizations in recruitment of new members, connects new students with organizations of interest, campus wide, so they gain a sense of belonging.
2. Organizes, advises, plans, and hosts student events for the College of Agriculture to help enhance retention.[
3. Assists and counsels existing students throughout their college career and ensures students are supported.
4. Serves as the COAG recruiter at local, regional, state, and national recruitment events.
5. Plans, coordinates, and executes on-campus, regional, state, and virtual recruitment events and maintains local, regional, state, and national contacts for student recruitment.
6. Establishes partnerships with high schools and community colleges throughout the region.
7. Contributes to local and regional awareness of COAG by making informational presentations to high schools and community colleges and at other recruiting events.
8. Assists with the development of recruitment materials such as brochures and special projects and assists with data collection related to COAG applicant and student demographics and success predictors.
9. Promotes scholarships and incentives to students and agencies.
10. Provides ongoing communication (e.g., phone calls, scheduled appointments, walk-ins, email, and virtual sessions) and guidance to prospective students.
11. Advises prospective students on questions related to admission requirements and application processes for undergraduate & graduate programs.
12. Coordinates on-campus tours with Enrollment Services.
13. Manages the COAG communication and marketing efforts by coordinating with other University-wide marketing efforts, manages the COAG social medial initiatives including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter; develops and maintains the COAG marketing and academic materials, attends WebPress training seminars, and serves as the webmaster for the COAG web page.
14. Coordinates with faculty and student involvement in recruitment events. Serves as a key member of the College Recruitment and Marketing (CRAM) Committee.
15. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
16. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses required by the Dean of the College.
17. Contributes to the overall success of the COAG by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Student Success Marketing and Recruitment Coordinator is supervised by the Dean of the College of Agriculture.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES