TITLE Marketing and Recruitment Specialist - School of Nursing
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 1166
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Director, School of Nursing
The Marketing and Recruitment Specialist - School of Nursing assists in coordinating the daily administrative operations related to recruitment for undergraduate, graduate, and certificate nursing programs and special events for the School of Nursing’s academic programs. The Marketing and Recruitment Specialist – School of Nursing helps to achieve the school enrollment and recruitment goals and objectives by establishing and maintaining effective communication with targeted high schools and community colleges and pre-nursing group sessions during campus visits. The Marketing and Recruitment Specialist – School of Nursing develops and maintains the Nursing website, the school’s Facebook page and other social media sites, coordinates the development of advising materials, and assists with school marketing initiatives including press releases and events.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Bachelor's degree is required; a Master’s degree is preferred.
Experience: At least six months of work experience in higher education or customer service is required. Experience with social media sites is required. Experience in marketing, public relations, and/or advisement at the university/college level is preferred.
Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Excellent interpersonal skills, including conflict management, are required. Computer literacy, including word processing and database management skills, are required. Organizational and time management skills are required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures and backgrounds is required. Extensive knowledge of the University, its requirements and regulations, is preferred.
Other: The scope of this position requires occasional overnight travel and transports materials and media equipment. The position requires working at trade shows, presentations, and job fairs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Serves as the School of Nursing’s recruiter at local, regional, state, and national recruitment events.
2. Assists with planning, coordination, and executing on-campus, regional, state, and virtual recruitment events and maintains local, regional, state, and national contacts for student recruitment.
3. Establishes partnerships with community colleges and health care agencies throughout the region.
4. Contributes to local and regional awareness of the School of Nursing by making informational presentations to high schools and community colleges and at other recruiting events.
5. Assists with the development of recruitment materials such as brochures and special projects and assists with data collection related to School of Nursing applicant and student demographics and success predictors.
6. Promotes scholarships and incentives to students and agencies.
7. Provides ongoing communication (e.g., phone calls, scheduled appointments, walk-ins, email, and virtual sessions) and guidance to prospective students.
8. Advises prospective students on questions related to admission requirements and application processes for undergraduate, graduate, and certificate nursing programs.
9. Coordinates on-campus tours with Enrollment Services.
10. Manages the School of Nursing’s communication and marketing efforts by coordinating
with other University-wide marketing efforts, manages the School of Nursing’s social
media initiatives including, but not limited to, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter,
develops and maintains the School of Nursing’s marketing and academic materials, attends
WebPress training seminars, and serves as the webmaster for the School of Nursing’s
11. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
12. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing
professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses,
and attending training and/or courses required by the Director, School of Nursing.
13. Contributes to the overall success of the School of Nursing by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Marketing and Recruitment Specialist – School of Nursing is supervised by the Director, School of Nursing.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES