TITLE Associate Dean/Director for Nursing – West Plains
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 1127
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Dean of Academic Affairs
The Associate Dean/Director for Nursing has primary responsibility for and direct administration of the Nursing Program and oversight of all Allied Health Programs. . The Associate Dean supervises all assessment, evaluation and accreditation efforts for the Division of Allied Health. The Director administers all aspects of teaching, faculty coordination and student supervision for the Nursing Program.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Master’s degree in Nursing is required; must have had a clinical component in the nursing program at either the Bachelor’s or Master’s degree level.
Experience: Five years of teaching experience in nursing education is required. Experience supervising nursing students in clinical experiences is required. A proven record of effectiveness in strategic planning and program administration and assessment of nursing or health related programs is preferred. Experience with first generation college students is preferred.
Skills: Evidence of the ability to form effective collaborative relationships with peers is required. An appreciation of shared governance and evidence of strong abilities to work effectively and collaboratively with University administration, faculty, students, and clinical personnel are required. Strong oral and written communication skills are required; excellent interpersonal skills are required. An understanding of contemporary issues in health education is required.
License: Must be licensed as a registered nurse in the state of Missouri without any disciplinary actions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assures that the Associate of Science Nursing Program meets standards established by the University, the State Board of Nursing, and the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission by planning, implementing, and evaluating program components.
2. Initiates and manages contracts for the use of facilities for clinical experiences.
3. Actively recruits students and oversees the nursing admissions process.
4. Serves as the chairperson of the Nursing Advisory Council.
5. Supervises instruction (full and part-time faculty) and curriculum development within the division of Allied Health.
6. Manages the budgets and resources of the departments within the Allied Health division.
7. Teaches classes assigned by the Dean of Academic Affairs and as needed by the Nursing Department.
8. Communicates the purpose and importance of student outcomes assessment and academic program evaluation as supporting the continual and systematic improvement of instruction and student outcomes.
9. Supports departments and academic programs in the development of assessment plans to streamline and support quality improvement.
10. Works with faculty and various University departments, such as, but not limited to, Student Life, Student services and Advising to develop assessment projects and programs in order to provide data and analysis that can subsequently be used to improve courses, learning environments, and student success.
11. Supports the overall success of the Missouri State University by performing all other duties as assigned.
The Associate Dean/Director for Nursing is supervised by the Dean of Academic Affairs and supervises Allied Health faculty, professional, and support staff.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED AUGUST 2021