TITLE Vice-Chancellor of Student Services - West Plains
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 1114
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Chancellor
The Vice-Chancellor of Student Services is the chief student-personnel officer of the campus and advises the Chancellor on all matters pertaining to non-academic student life. The Vice-Chancellor of Student Services serves as the senior executive officer responsible for providing leadership and general management of units within the Division of Student Services: Admissions, Career Services and Campus Outreach, Financial Aid, Registration and Records, Student Life and Development, Men’s Athletics, and Women’s Athletics. Additionally, the Vice-Chancellor of Student Services oversees the Food Services, the Drago College Store, Grizzly House residence hall, the Student Recreation Center, scholarships, and student awards programs.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A master's degree from an accredited institution is required. An earned doctorate is preferred.
Experience: At least five years of progressively responsible administrative experience in higher education administration, preferably in student affairs/student services, is required.
Skills: Excellent leadership ability and the ability to lead diverse services toward common goals are required. The ability to ensure fiscal responsibility throughout the division and the ability to project a strong positive image of the University through public speaking and personal interaction with parents, students, faculty, staff, and others are required. The ability to satisfactorily resolve problems commonly found within the higher education environment, proficiency in organizing and managing complex functions, the ability to gain the trust and confidence of students, and ability to work collaboratively with administrative peers are required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES1. Develops and maintains a properly coordinated delivery of essential student services by organizing the various units and sub-units in a logical, non-duplicative, and efficient manner to best meet the work requirements of the division and the needs of the student body.
2. Ensures divisional compliance with the mission and goals of the campus by reviewing and approving unit missions and goals.
3. Assures the achievement of division goals by designing a system of effective controls to guide work effort toward expected outcomes.
4. Enables division employees to perform their assigned tasks by coordinating the annual budget and retaining executive authority over all budgets within the Division of Student Services.
5. Encourages high employee morale and the provision of seamless, quality, harmonious, friendly, courteous, efficient, and effective services to all students.
6. As resources permit, assures the prompt and effective delivery of student services by monitoring workloads throughout the division and prioritizing staffing needs accordingly.
7. Promotes positive student relations by serving as a strong advocate for the non-academic, extra-curricular, and co-curricular needs of students.
8. Encourages efficiency and effectiveness in the accomplishment of essential tasks by promoting the use of technology and cross-training of employees.
9. Encourages employee participation in professional training and development opportunities.
10. Provides leadership of the Grizzly Athletics program through general management of the budget and other administrative matters, acting as a liaison with the Grizzly Booster Club and Executive Board and the National Junior College Athletic Association, and providing general management of the Grizzly Booster Club annual membership drive and other major activities.
11. Participates actively in a variety of University tasks and projects by leading or serving on committees and task forces.
12. Assesses program effectiveness throughout the Division of Student Services and works with department heads to maintain essential services and develop new or revised services and programs to meet the changing needs of students.
13. Supports positive relations for the University by participating in community affairs and community service activities and by communicating and interacting with city, state, and other officials in matters related to Student Services.
14. Facilitates a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and the development of skills to engage with those of other cultures and backgrounds.
15. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as directed.
16. Ensures that miscellaneous assignments related to Student Services are completed in the best interests of the campus by accepting and accomplishing tasks which are delegated by the Chancellor.
The Vice-Chancellor of Student Services – West Plains is supervised by the Chancellor and directly supervises the department heads of the various units within the Division of Student Services, as well as administrative support staff.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED AUGUST 2022