TITLE Coordinator, Accreditation, Assessment and Enrollment Management, College of Business
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 1051
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Associate Dean, College of Business
MAJOR ADMINISTRATOR Dean, College of Business
The Coordinator, Accreditation, Assessment and Enrollment Management works with the Associate Dean to manage accreditation and assessment processes and closely monitors enrollment in the College. Duties include preparation of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) documents and oversight of assessment of all College of Business (COB) programs.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Master’s degree is required.
Experience: At least three years of experience in higher education is required. Experience with accreditation processes, institutional research, assessment, and enrollment management is preferred.
Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. The ability to manage, track, and execute multiple projects simultaneously is required. The ability to project a strong positive image of the University to many constituencies, both on- and off-campus, is required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required. Proven analytical skills are preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Helps to ensure the achievement of AACSB standards by assisting the Associate Dean and other academic administrators in the COB.
2. Supports systematic planning and change within the COB by administering a comprehensive, continual, and multi-dimensional assessment program of student learning outcomes and evaluation of academic programs, collaborating with departments to integrate assessment and evaluation efforts, and integrating assessment activities and results with accreditation processes.
3. Provides professional leadership of the assessment process by communicating the purposes of student outcomes assessment, assisting departments in the development and delineation of assessment plans, assisting in the selection of appropriate measures and methods for assessing student learning outcomes, and analyzing and communication the results of assessments conducted.
4. Assists with, supports, and coordinates the reporting of assessment activities and the evaluation of majors and programs, supporting planning and budgeting decisions for assessment purposes, and represents the College and its assessment and evaluation processes to external agencies.
5. Serves as the campus liaison between the University Assessment Council and COB to ensure that the College complies with University and AACSB assessment standards.
6. Provides information and data appropriate to the decision-making needs of the COB for accreditation and enrollment management purposes and publicizes information through a variety of documents.
7. Monitors program review schedules and assists in reviewing interim program reports.
8. Ensures that accreditation requirements, including compliance with accrediting standards, are incorporated, among COB goals and objectives, into the planning and evaluation process of the COB and academic departments.
9. Ensures that all accreditation reports are submitted in a timely fashion by establishing and maintaining a report management system and maintains and supports Digital Measures.
10. Prepares weekly enrollment reports on weekly admissions and registrations.
11. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
12. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as directed by the Associate Dean.
13. Contributes to the overall success of the COB by performing all other duties as assigned.
The Coordinator, Accreditation, Assessment and Enrollment Management, COB is supervised by the Associate Dean.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES