TITLE Assistant to the President for Inclusive Excellence
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 1004
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR President
The Assistant to the President for Inclusive Excellence is a representative of the Office of the President of Missouri State University who is responsible for coordinating, protecting, and continuing to build the executive efforts to establish inclusive excellence as a core value throughout all aspects of the university community.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A bachelor’s degree is required; a master’s degree is preferred. An equivalent combination of years of experience and education may be considered for substitution of educational requirements.
Experience: At least five years of management experience in a complex organization, preferably at an institution of higher education, with involvement in the organization’s DEI efforts is required. Experience leading a team of professional staff is preferred.
Skills: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required. The ability to research, identify, and implement DEI best practices is required. The ability to work effectively and collegially within a large, complex university system and to network and negotiate with a wide range of constituencies is required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES1. A member of the University Administrative Cabinet, coordinates the university’s efforts to collaborate with the MSU Colleges (6), the Department of Athletics, The Division of Student Affairs, and identified campus partners. Additionally, focused on cultivating community partners and building pathways of access while promoting Inclusive Engagement initiatives and efforts.
2. Maintains strong collaborative working relationships among senior executives, faculty, staff, students and external constituents,
3. Cultivates teams within the campus and external communities that support inclusive advancement efforts
4. Collaborates with administrators in academic affairs, student affairs, administrative services, human resources, compliance, and other university units.
5. Coordinates Inclusive Engagement programs, recruitment efforts, initiatives, programming, and practices aligned with the Missouri State University efforts that support student success.
6. Directs supervision of staff and service activities of the unit.
7. Supports and promotes community engagement, regional, national, and international partnerships that promote the recruitment, retention, assessment, and professional development of inclusive efforts across Missouri State University.
8. Exercises budgeting, fundraising, and budget control.
9. Supports the Collaborative Diversity Conference and Inclusive Excellence Institute.
10. Facilitates a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
11. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as directed by the supervisor.
12. Contributes to the overall success of the university by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the President.
The Assistant to the President for Inclusive Excellence is supervised by the President of the university and supervises full-time staff and graduate assistants.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REVISED JULY 2023