About the speech-language pathology assistant graduate certificate
You can complete the certificate 100% online.
Courses provide basic information related to speech sound disorders, language disorders and other communication disorders seen in typical SLPA employment settings.
The SLPA certificate meets the minimum speech-language pathology technical coursework requirements needed for licensure in Missouri. You'll be able to work under the guidance of a licensed speech-language pathologist (SLP) and provide support.
Certificate in Speech-Language Pathology Assistant
Lauren Jones, Graduate Program Coordinator
Professional Building, Room 120B; Phone 417-836-5275
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- A cumulative GPA (of all coursework) of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale
- The following courses or their equivalent with a grade of C or higher:
Required courses (15 hrs)
|Course Code||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|CSD 602||Acquired Disorders and Their Neuropathological Bases||2 hrs|
|CSD 611||Phonetics||2 hrs|
|CSD 619||Anatomy and Physiology of Speech||3 hrs|
|CSD 627||Developmental Disorders of Speech and Language||2 hrs|
|CSD 633||Speech-Language Pathology Assistant Internship||2 hrs|
|CSD 634||Hearing and the Impact on Speech and Language||1 hr|
|CSD 686||Introduction to Clinical Methods||3 hrs|
Explore related programs
- Speech-language pathology (master’s program)
- Preparation for graduate study in speech-language pathology (graduate certificate)