Bears L.E.A.D. takes a holistic approach to supporting each student's transition to campus. Focus is given to creating positive social experiences while also considering the student's personal and academic needs.
The Coordinator will act as an additional point of contact for encouragement and guidance to ensure students have the support they need while transitioning to Missouri State. We want students to not only feel they belong at Missouri State and can achieve their goals , but that they have supports while here.
The Coordinator will monitor the academic success of each participant while supporting the student's academic/career goals. The goal is to help students identify any concerns as early as possible, and intervene in a proactive way. Some interventions may include the following:
- Referrals to campus and community resources
- Study sessions
- Skills training including time and financial management
- Learning about and trying out different careers
Transitioning to Missouri State is an exciting adventure that is enhanced by having social supports!
Bears L.E.A.D. provides the following:
- Begin building meaningful relationships with other incoming students who are first generation or identify from a diverse background.
- Connect with student leaders, faculty and staff who are eager to support student success.
- Gain access to mentors.
- Become familiar with campus and resources offered at Missouri State.
- Explore the Springfield community and learn where to find essential basics, entertainment, and community support.
- Participate in cultural activities and events.
- Experience volunteer activities.