Advising Basics Workshop
The next Advising Basics Workshop will be held on May 13th, 2024 from 8:30-11:30 AM in the Plaster Student Union, Room 315.
See Registration Below
The Advising Basics Workshop provides information for those new to advising or new to Missouri State. Registration required.
This 3-hour workshop covers the three steps to advising:
- Preparing for Your Appointment
- Advisor and student expectations
- Using My Missouri State to look up students' information
- Conducting the Appointment
- General Education and CORE 42
- Advising styles and referrals
- Documenting the Appointment
- Advising notes
- Action items