The Foster Recreation Center is an amazing addition to Missouri State. It offers a place for the entire campus community to work out, play and learn about healthy living, becoming the central campus hub for promoting and supporting healthy living.
Recreation Center Waiver of Liability
All members of the Foster Recreation Center must sign the waiver of liability before using the facility. For instructions on where to find the waiver, click here.
Foster Recreation Center 2013 Hours
The Foster Recreation Center will be open Memorial Day, May 26, from 12p.m.-8p.m.
|Fall and Spring||Summer|
Monday through Thursday
Monday through Friday
|Family hours are available for eligible FRC members to bring children to the FRC. All children under 18 years of age must purchase a day pass and be accompanied by a current or eligible FRC member at all times.|
Note: If the University is closed due to inclement weather, the center will be open for limited hours; classes, intramural games and other scheduled events will not be held.
Features and benefits
This state-of-the-art, LEED-certified facility offers students, faculty and staff great resources for living healthy lives:
- A large recreational pool with warm water, lap lanes, underwater seating with hydrotherapy jets, water-current channel for walking and therapy, zip line, LED lights and wheelchair accessibility
- Spa in pool area
- Indoor jogging track
- Fitness center with cardiovascular equipment and free weights
- Wellness suite, a quiet space with a more private workout zone
- Rock-climbing and bouldering walls
- Free-standing boulder outside for climbing
- Three basketball courts
- Spaces to play sports such as badminton, dodge ball and indoor soccer
- Studios for dancing and other fitness classes
- Lounge areas with computer stations and flat-screen televisions
- Men's, women's and universal locker rooms