The purpose of this checklist is to assist you in your orientation to Missouri State University as a new faculty member.
For further assistance, please check with your hiring department head or administrative assistant.
Administrative Paperwork and Processes
- Complete an I-9, W-4’s and direct deposit form for Payroll with your academic department at the time of hire, but no later than your first day of work. If you are unable to complete these forms with your academic department prior to the August 13th HR orientation, please bring documents that establish your identity and eligibility to work in the United States for completion at the HR orientation.
- Set up your computer account to gain access to My Missouri State, Blackboard, campus email, My Learning Connection, and other University systems.
- Contact your academic departmental office to coordinate for the pick up of your office key, if applicable.
Upon Your Arrival on Campus
- Obtain your University ID called a BearPass Card in Plaster Student Union, Room 128.
- Pick up your key at the Key Control Office.
- Pick up your parking permit or visitor parking pass by visiting the Parking Administration office (located in the Transit Operations Center).
Required Orientation Sessions, Compliance Training, and Professional Development Opportunities
- Attend the HR New Faculty Orientation session on Monday, August 12th. If you have questions, please contact HR at
417-836-6616. (No registration required for attendance.)
- Attend the New Faculty Orientation on Tuesday, August 13th. If you have questions, please contact the Provost Office at
417-836-4589. (No registration required for attendance.)
- Register for (using "My Learning Connection") and attend Showcase for Teaching and Learning, “Passion. Inspiration. Innovation.”, on Wednesday, August 14th. If you have questions, please contact the Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning at 417-836-3059.
- Complete online compliance training for new faculty accessed through “My Learning Connection”:
- Preventing Discrimination and Harassment
- Preventing Sexual Misconduct (Title IX)
Please refer to the Instructions for accessing your online compliance training through My Learning Connection.
(We are in the still process of updating our compliance training programs and we anticipate them becoming available in the next week or two. Please visit this website for updates and information on the compliance training: http://www.missouristate.edu/human/training/138469.htm )
New faculty should complete their compliance training by September 20th. Please refer to your Department Head in regards to your requirement for completing HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy and Security Training) or FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) online training.
If you need assistance, please contact HR Employee Development and Performance at 417-836-5779 or 417-836-4592.
- New faculty can also register for Blackboard training to assist them with the development and management of their course sites through My Learning Connection.
- It is recommended to sign up for the Missouri State Alert System. The Missouri State Alert is the University's mass notification system, which uses a variety of methods to contact students, faculty and staff in the event of an emergency or school closing.
You will need Adobe Reader to view and print some documents on this page.