University Rules for Speakers and Facilities Usage
Op1.01-1 University Rules for Speakers and Facilities Usage
- The use of University facilities for speakers is intended to support the academic mission and is therefore viewed as educational programs. The University retains the exclusive right, through authorized persons and organizations, to determine the appropriateness of speakers scheduled for University facilities. If a speaker is not allowed access to University facilities, that speaker will still have access to the Bear Paw, in accordance with the University’s Expressive Activity Policy.
- The University retains the exclusive right to determine the appropriateness of all arrangements required for a speaker appearing in a University facility.
- Each University facility (e.g., Juanita K. Hammons Hall for the Performing Arts, Hammons Student Center, Coger Theater, Plaster Student Union, etc.) will have separate regulations and procedures for the use of the facility which must be followed for any scheduled event.
- Any speaker appearing in a University facility must be sponsored by a registered student organization, University organization, or University department. The sponsoring organization is responsible for insuring that procedures for event scheduling are followed.
- Press conferences on University-owned property must be arranged for in advance through the University Communications Office.
- Orderly picketing and demonstrations are permitted in accordance with the Expressive Activity Policy.
- Individuals entertaining guests on campus, in any University facility, are responsible for the proper identification and conformance to rules of the University by such guests.
- All buildings or facilities other than residence halls shall be off limits to students after closing hours with the following exceptions:
- Students possessing an “after hours” permit, signed by his/her instructor and department head, stating the building, room number, student name, and the times for which the student is cleared.
- University student employees who are required to enter the locked buildings in the performance of their duties. The students must be able to validate their employment to Public Safety Officers who encounter them in the closed buildings.
- Students who are accompanied by Department of Public Safety personnel, University staff members, or faculty members.
- Arrangements for the use of University facilities, including both buildings and grounds, must be made in advance through the Event and Meeting Services Office. Meeting rooms and facilities may be reserved by only those student organizations who are properly registered by the University.
- Registered student organizations conducting University-related activities off-campus must register them no less than one week in advance with the Office of Student Engagement.
- University-funded student travel must be registered in advance with the University office sponsoring the activity. Participating students are subject to the same parameters of the Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities that are in effect at the University.
- The indoor pool at Hammons Student Center is operated during the hours and under the rules published annually by the Director of Hammons Student Center. Students are not permitted inside the pool area when the pool is closed.