Form I-9 training
This training is recommended for administrative assistants, department heads, or supervisors who are required to assist newly hired employees (faculty, staff, and students) in the completion of the Form I-9. You can locate and register for this class online through My Learning Connection, located in My Missouri State, and search under the "Human Resources" category.
This training is designed to provide information on how to properly verify information and complete the forms as a part of the University’s employment process. Hiring departments are responsible for the completion of Employment Eligibility Process to include the Form I-9 and E-Verify for their full-time, part-time, graduate assistants, and their student workers. Payroll is responsible for processing the forms for the Employment Eligibility process for all International employees. Please refer to the Handbook for Employers (M-274) – Instructions for completing the Form I-9 (Employment Eligibility Verification Form) for additional information.
The Form I-9 online training course addresses these general areas:
- Define the correct process for filling out and verifying I-9 Forms for employees
- Provide key points that will assist the department in providing information to future and current employees
- Ensure all departments are consistent in the completion and processing of I-9s
- Ensure all units are in compliance with the law
- Serve as a reference 24/7
- Questions about completing and processing the Form I-9, please contact the Office of Human Resources at X65102 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please contact Human Resources Training at X64592 or email@example.com if you have questions about the training, registration, or accessing the courses.