Please join us for Family Weekend on Friday, September 15th - Sunday, September 17th. This special weekend gives parents and family members of our students an opportunity to experience campus life at Missouri State and spend time with their student at their "home away from home". There are many activities on campus, free and admission-based, for families and students to enjoy. Registration is required from some events. Registration ensures you have a ticket for reserved events and gives you access to the Family Weekend goodie bag and special edition Family Weekend folder.
Family Weekend events include (more events are being added in the next few months):
- Welcome Breakfast hosted by the Career Center
- Student Showcase and Dinner hosted by the Office of Student Engagement (limited number of tickets available)
- Dive-In Movie hosted by Foster Rec Center
- Rappelling offered by the Missouri State ROTC Bear Battalion
- Family Weekend Event Family Extravaganza hosted by the Meyer Library
- Bears Football vs. Murray State - NOTE: Tickets are NOT general admission. If you would like to sit with aunts, uncles, grandparents, sisters, friends, etc., please order tickets all at one time so you will be seated together. #BearUp
- BearFest Village FAMILY Tailgate, our traditional pre-game tailgate and tent area inside BearFest Village. This tailgate, a fee-based event, is open for all family members and students (MSU Students are free), hosted by Parent & Family Programs and the Traditions Council (limited number of tickets available). You can also personally tailgate in designated parking lots and reserve space in BearFest Village. Visit the BearFest Village homepage to find out more about the different ways of tailgating at Missouri State.
- Rock-n-Bowl sponsored by the Student Activities Council
- Sparking Brunch hosted by Missouri State Dining Services
- A Book Talk featuring renown author and Missouri State professor Nancy Allen
- A Golf Scramble hosted by Foster Rec Center
Registration for Family Weekend will open in late July. Packages will be available for review in late March.
Find local hotel accommodations.
Please check these pages frequently, as we will add and update information as the date approaches. "Like" us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/msufamilies) and follow us on Twitter (www.twitter.com/bearsfamilies).
If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (417) 836-3060.
We look forward to seeing you at Family Weekend!