The Sustainability Advisory Committee meets the first Tuesday of every month in Carrington 203.
- Develop recommendations for new sustainability initiatives and for improving current sustainability initiatives.
- Develop realistic strategies to increase our use of renewable energy so that the University becomes less dependent on coal over time, keeping in mind that recommendations for increasing the use of renewable energy must come with an estimated funding cost.
- Develop strategies to promote sustainability initiatives across our state and region.
- Research what our peer universities and sister universities in Missouri are doing related to sustainability initiatives.
Energy Subcommittee - Chair: Jen Cox
- Promotes campus energy conservation through efficiencies and education.
- Educates campus and surrounding community on energy conservation.
- Analyzes trends and develops proposals for energy projects for review by Facilities Management.
- Develops energy saving projects for implementation as funded by a revolving loan fund, student SustainaFund monies, and other sources.
- Explores new technologies including renewable energy both on campus and from our energy providers.
- Promotes energy initiatives statewide and researches best practices from our peer institutions and other in-state universities.
- Reports to Sustainability Advisory Committee regularly.
Benchmark Subcommittee - Chair: David Vaughan
- Prepares a summary of which agreements have been signed by our benchmark institutions and sister institutions in the state of Missouri.
- Prepares a summary of accomplishments from each institution noted above related to the agreements signed (President’s Campus Climate Survey and the Beyond Coal Commitment).
- Prepare a summary of AASHE membership and AASHE STARS ratings for all benchmark institutions and sister institutions in the state of Missouri.
- Initial summaries are due May 1, 2013. Summary will be updated annually.
Goal Watching Subcommittee - Chair: Bill Cheek
- Committee will monitor the Sustainability Advisory Committee’s list of goals and prepare a quarterly summary of accomplishments.
- Committee will present annual report summary to Sustainability Advisory Committee by September each year for approval at the October meeting.
- Ken McClure, V.P. Administrative and Information Services, committee Co-Chair
- Tammy Jahnke, Dean, College of Natural and Applied Science, committee Co-Chair
- Lauren Bansbach, Sustainability Coordinator
- Bill Cheek, Faculty Emeritus
- Jennifer Cox, Associate Director, Facilities Management
- Nicki Donnelson, Public Relations Specialist, University Communications
- Anson Elliott, Department Head, Agriculture
- Teresa Frederick, Assistant Director Residence Life Housing and Dining Services
- Max Wagner, Chief Sustainability Commissioner, Student Government Association
- Terrel Gallaway, Professor, Economics
- Janice Greene, Professor, Biology
- Tony Hein, Director of Operations, Dining Services
- Paige Jenkins, Student Governor
- Brad Kielhofner, University Engineer, Associate Director of Planning, Design & Construction
- Timothy Hogenkamp, Director of Sustainability, Student Government Association
- Mike Kromrey, Executive Director, Watershed Committee of the Ozarks
- Barbara Lucks, Sustainability Officer for Department of Environmental Services, City of Springfield
- Tina McManus, Controller, Financial Services
- Matt Morris, Associate V.P. Administrative and Information Services
- Joe Pitts, Executive Director for James River Basin Partnership
- Jordan McGee, President, Student Government Association
- Cara Shaefer, Director, Energy Management and Conservation, City Utilities
- David Vaughan, Director, Environmental Management, Environmental Health and Safety