Missouri State’s People Search scans faculty, staff and student directory profiles and returns those that best match the search terms.
How do I filter People Search results?
You may filter People Search results by campus and by role.
To filter by campus, please complete the following steps:
- Click on the maroon “All campuses” link at the top of the People Search results list.
- Select the campus you wish to search from the menu.
- When you select the campus, People Search will filter the results to only display those from the campus you chose.
To filter results by role, please complete the following steps:
- Click on the maroon “All roles” link at the top of the People Search results list.
- Select the role you wish to search from the menu.
- When you select the role, People Search will filter the results to only display those from the one you chose.
The university directory presents your professional profile within a search-friendly context.
Faculty and staff
Directory profiles include the person’s name, department, job title, email address, campus phone number and directory profile picture.
Directory profiles include the student’s name, major, email address and primary address.
Updating your directory profile
Faculty and staff
Faculty and staff do not have the option to remove their profiles from the people search directory, but they do have the option to update and add certain information.
- Name: Your full, legal name will always be included in your directory profile.
- Last names will always match your legal last name. To update your last name, please contact Human Resources by email or at 417-836-5102.
- You are allowed to update your chosen name, which includes your first and middle names. This change should be reflected in the people search directory in 24-48 hours.
- Contact information: Your primary job title, department, office location, and campus phone number will always be included in your directory profile.
- Directory profile details: You may choose to add additional details to your directory profile such as a list of classes you teach or information from your curriculum vitae. If you would like to add details to your profile, please contact the Web Help Desk.
- Directory profile photo: Your directory profile photo should be a current, professional headshot of you and should not include distracting backgrounds or additional people or animals. Faculty and staff may have their directory photos taken by photographic services at Faculty and Staff Free Portrait Day.
Students’ names, majors, email addresses and postal mailing addresses are included in their directory profiles.
- Edit a directory profile: You may request updates to your directory profile by contacting the office of the registrar by email or at 417-836-5520.
- You are allowed to update your Chosen Name, which includes your first and middle names. This change should be reflected in the people search directory in 24 to 48 hours.
- Directory profile photo: Students may have directory profile photos only if they work for university units, and the units request them to have their photos taken by photographic services at Faculty and Staff Free Portrait Day.
- Removing a profile entry: You may remove your profile from the directory. Complete the Hide From Search form. In special cases, web strategy and development can assist students with removing their profiles immediately. If you need immediate assistance, please contact the Web Help Desk.
- Requesting a FERPA Hold: In accordance with the FERPA policy, currently enrolled students may request that the university not release any "directory information." Visit the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) website for information on adding or removing a FERPA hold on your record.