Request an Exception to University Housing Policy
ATTENTION: If you are currently living in a residence hall, you must follow the procedure to request a contract breakage.
According to Missouri State University’s University Housing Policy, all single students under twenty-one (21) years of age who have completed fewer than 30 hours of transferable credit are required to live in University housing.
All single students under twenty-one (21) years of age who have completed fewer than 30 hours of transferable credit must have on file a completed Student Housing Contract and deposit or an approved Request for Exception to the University Housing Policy form, before enrolling in classes at Missouri State. The Student Housing Contract is for the entire academic year.
Depending on the requested exception, the Department will require additional documentation to evaluate the Student’s requested exception. Requested documentation and criteria is identified in the Exception Request Form. All required documentation must be submitted before an exception request will be reviewed by the Department. Department reserves its discretion to review and approve any exceptions under this Policy.
Recognized exceptions to the University Housing Policy are for:
- The Students is residing with a parent or a grandparent within a sixty (60) mile radius of Springfield.
- The Students is enrolled in six (6) credit hours or less during a semester.
- The Student is married or the student is a parent.
- The Student’s educational requirement prevents University Housing occupancy (e.g. cooperative education, student teaching, study away program).
- The Student is moving into a University-recognized IFC/Panhellenic Greek Chapter House.
- The Student will have completed the minimum credit hours necessary to live off campus by August 1 for fall semester or by January 1 for spring semester.
- The Student has a medical/disability accommodation approved by the University’s Disability Resource Center/Learning Diagnostic Center.
- The Student has an extreme financial situation that would place an excessive strain on the student’s financial situation and prevent the student from attending Missouri State University if required to live in University Housing.
(You need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print the PDF document.)