Op11.13 Pet Policy
- Pets under the control of an adult (i.e., 18 years or older) are permitted on University
property, but are not permitted within University-owned or leased buildings.
- Animals trained to assist persons with disabilities
- Animals used in University laboratories for official research, classroom or observation purposes
- Animals used in equine instruction at the Agricultural Center
- Fish in residence halls.
- Animals (e.g. dogs, cats, monkeys, etc.) must be leashed to be under the control of
- Animals trained to provide ADA accommodations for people with disabilities.
- A loose animal trailing a leash, or one tied to a fixed object, is not under the control of an adult.
- Animals which are unleashed, or leashed and unattended, on University property are subject to impoundment.
- Animals left unattended in motor vehicles on University property are subject to the same rules and regulations if they become a nuisance or if the welfare of the animal is threatened.
- Any pet found within a University-owned or leased building may be impounded. Impounded pets may be reclaimed by the owner at the City Animal Shelter (833-3592) upon payment in full of all costs incurred as a result of the impoundment, including any veterinary expenses.