Darr Center Use Policy
Op11.05 Darr Center Use Policy
The Darr Center is managed by the William H. Darr College of Agriculture at Missouri State. All classes at the Center will be scheduled by the College Dean just as they are in other Agriculture facilities. All other activities will be scheduled through the Director of the Darr Center in consultation with the College Dean. The final schedule will be posted on the Agriculture website and at the Center.
In addition to classes being taught, outreach and research activities are also critical to the College and may on occasion take precedence to a regularly scheduled class when the College Dean determines that a “greater good” for the College must be met.
The following activities are on-going and will not be considered new activities as identified in the policy. Name in ( ) is the individual in charge of the activity and will be present for set-up and for the activity.
- Ag Picnic (Dr. Elliott & Fuqua)
- Therapeutic Riding of the Ozarks, six Saturdays in the fall and six Saturdays in the spring. (Sue Webb)
- TRO practices, 6-8 Friday afternoons in fall and 6-8 Friday afternoons in the spring corresponding to Saturday TRO activities; currently Boys & Girls Town of Missouri (Sue Webb)
- Fall Intercollegiate Horse Show (Friday-Sunday) AGS 492 Equestrian Team Activity (Dr. Gary Webb and Sue Webb)
- FFA Contest—April (Dr. Elliott)
- MSU Cattle Auction—April AGS 452 Beef Production activity (Dr. Perkins)
- Block and Bridle Show—Spring Semester (Dr. Perkins)
Requirements for on-going activities:
- Facility must be scheduled in writing or by email one month prior to the activity.
- Clean-up time (cost) of facility, if necessary, will be charged to the sponsoring group.
Requirements for new activities:
- Facility must be scheduled with the College of Agriculture (Carrie Crews 417-836-2500, CarrieCrews@MissouriState.edu) in writing or by email one month prior to the activity. (see application)
- Any new activity must be sponsored by a program and/or campus club and the faculty member or sponsor (or their designated representative) must be identified and present for set up and the event. Facility will be scheduled on a first come first served basis according to receipt of written request with the priority normally assigned in the following order: 1) agriculture class activity, 2) agriculture educational program, 3) agriculture industry service activity, 4) agriculture department fund raising activity, 5) agriculture club fund raising activity, 6) agriculture recreational activity, 7) other activity.
- For university activities a facility use deposit/use fee of $500 will be required with facility request. $250 of the deposit will be returned following the event if no clean-up or facility maintenance is required. Cost to return the facility to classroom status will be charged against the deposit and balance returned, or billed, to sponsoring club, program or department.
- For other activities a facility use fee of $750 plus a $250 clean-up deposit will be required with facility request. The $250 clean-up deposit will be returned following the event if no clean-up or facility maintenance is required. Cost to return the facility to classroom status will be charged against the deposit and balance returned, or billed, to sponsoring organization.
- Participants in any activity at the facility will be required to sign a “participation agreement” releasing the university and department of liability.
(You will need Microsoft Word Reader to view and print this document.)