Why earn a Post-Professional Doctor of Occupational Therapy (PP-OTD) degree?
- Online and flexible – No need to put your career on hold. You can complete your degree 100% online and on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Collaboration – Our cohort-based program will help you build professional relationships and expand your health care scope.
- Specialize – Choose a specialty area (college teaching, healthcare administration) that matches what you want to do.
- Low costs – Missouri State's OTD program has affordable tuition compared to others. Cover your education with scholarships and financial aid.
Designed for current OTs
This program is designed for current occupational therapists looking to advance their careers.
To pursue the Post-Professional Doctor of Occupational Therapy (PP-OTD) program at Missouri State, you must:
- Be a certified, licensed occupational therapist who has been in clinical practice for at least one year.
- Have a degree (bachelor’s or master’s) in occupational therapy.
- Meet other admission requirements.
Career options with a PP-OTD degree
Occupational therapy isn’t just a job – it’s a profession.
A Post-Professional Doctor of Occupational Therapy (PP-OTD) degree expands your outlook.
Whether you want to start your own clinic, teach at the college level or venture into something else, you’re set up for success.
Possible career paths include:
- Advanced-practice occupational therapy
- Education and teaching
- Entrepreneurship (private practice)
- Graduate school for terminal degrees (PhD, EdD)
- Leadership and administration
- Program and policy development
Get ready to change what's possible in your career.
Want to become an occupational therapist?
Begin your journey into occupational therapy through one of our other programs: