Custodial Services is committed to using all available resources to provide the highest quality services possible. In addition to regular cleaning practices, disinfecting for health continues to be a priority for custodial teams. Cleaning frequencies have been developed to place more time and emphasis on public, high-touch spaces.
- Lounges, classrooms, auditoriums, kitchens, conference rooms, break rooms, locker rooms, and restrooms will be cleaned and disinfected daily.
- In all buildings, custodial will focus on high touch surfaces including push and pull plates, door knobs, hand rails, entrances, push and pull partitions, desks and table tops, light switches, sink faucet handles, soap, toilet paper, and towel dispensers, water fountains, elevator buttons, vending machines, etc.
- Hospital grade disinfectants EPA registered for use against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) will be used.
- In order to increase cleaning frequencies in public, high-touch spaces, and classrooms located in E&G facilities, service in office areas will be once a week or as needed, and floor care in public areas will be completed on an as needed basis. Special circumstances or events necessitating a modification to this schedule should be communicated through a Work Request for Custodial review and response or by calling Work Management at (417) 836-8400.
- Staff members may submit a request to decline Custodial Service in their individual office for the academic year (August-July).
- Departments who would like computer lab equipment disinfected or need additional disinfecting in lounges, kitchens, conference rooms, and break rooms, beyond the daily service provided by Custodial may purchase cleaning materials for departmental use. Cleaning materials such as gloves, disinfectant in spray bottles, paper towels, disinfectant wipes, and hand sanitizer can be purchased by department via Work Request and delivered by Central Receiving. Custodial supplies should be purchased through Work Request to ensure that products used are EPA registered for use against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) and that Safety Data Sheets are available. It is the intent that these supplies be stocked centrally within departments for use by individuals on an as needed basis.
Custodial teams will continue to monitor and revise their plan to meet the needs and support the safety of students, faculty, staff, and guests.
Last updated: August 2021