Dr. Jason L. Shaw
Dr. Shaw has over 24 years of clinical practice experience and seven years of academic experience. He currently volunteers eight hours of weekly pro bono care alongside the physical therapy students in the MSU PT Clinic. In addition, Dr. Shaw practices part-time in the community in the following settings: in-patient rehab, skilled nursing, acute care, and out-patient lymphedema.
- DPT, Arizona School of Health Sciences, A. T. Still University
- BS, Physical Therapy, New York University
- Clinical Specialist in Neurologic Physical Therapy, American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties
- PTE 743 Patient Management: Neuromuscular I
- PTE 753 Patient Management: Neuromuscular II
- PTE 763 Patient Management: Neuromuscular III
- PTE 730 Motor Control/Motor Learning
- PTE 756 Patient Management: Integumentary
- Academy of Neurologic Physical Therapy (ANPT)
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- Missouri Physical Therapy Association (MPTA), Southwest District
Research and professional interests
- Shaw, J., Hackney, J., Newton, S., Vandeloecht, K. Rainey, M., Reed, J., Suess, D., Smith, J. Is Maximum Available Hip Extension Range of Motion of the Residual Limb Reached During Passive Prone Lying in the Acute Stage After Dysvascular Transtibial Amputation? Journal of Prosthetics and Orthotics, July 2022.
- Shaw, J., Robinson, S., Himes, M., Daniel, T., Holland, L., Mosley, G., Kraft, C., & Mulcahey, R. Does hands-on guarding influence performance on the Functional Gait Assessment? Journal of Geriatric Physical Therapy, July/September 2020.
- Himes, M., Robinson, S., Shaw, J., Dehan, J, Daniel T., Keller, J. Can a portable balance system predict fall risk in community-dwelling older women? Journal of Allied Health, August 2020.
Peer-reviewed Professional Presentations
- Preventing Hip Flexion Contracture After Lower Limb Amputation. Invited speaker. Third Annual CoxHealth Research Conference, Springfield, MO, 2021
- Connecting the Research to the Clinic. Invited speaker. CoxHealth Research Day. Springfield, MO, 2018
- Shaw J., Hackney J., Cahoj P. The Pathologic Geriatric Sit to Stand: Do I See What’s Outside the Box. General session, APTA Combined Sections Meeting, New Orleans, LA, 2018.
- I’m Ok Once I’m Up, It’s the Getting Up That is the Challenge. Invited speaker. 31st Annual Geriatric Conference, Springfield, MO, 2017.
- Identification and Management of the Patient with Conversion Disorder. MPTA Fall Conference, Springfield, MO, 2015.
- Advances in Spinal Cord Injury Management: Connecting the Research to the Clinic. Invited Speaker. Annual NeuroRehab Conference, Missouri Rehabilitation Center, Mt. Vernon, MO, 2013.