Save on your 2016 health insurance premiums by taking ACTION in 2015!
******** THE 2016 HEALTH RISK ASSESSMENT (HRA) HAS BEEN REOPENED FOR ALL EMPLOYEES WHO HAVE NOT COMPLETED IT. THE HRA WILL BE OPEN TILL JANUARY 15TH. SINCE PAYROLL HAS ALREADY BEEN PROCESSED FOR JANUARY, YOU WILL ONLY PAY THE FULL$30 IN YOUR LATE DECEMBER PAYCHECK. IF YOU COMPLETE THE HRA BY JANUARY 15TH, YOUR PAYROLL WILL BE ADJUSTED TO WAIVE THE HEALTH INSURANCE PREMIUMS FOR THE JANUARY PAYCHECK AND THE REST OF 2016.*******
To access the HRA:
Go to My.Missouristate.edu and log in.
Go to the Profile tab.
Go to the Wellness channel
Click on the Health Risk Assessment link
Follow the prompts to complete the HRA. You will know you've completed it when you see a Wellness Score.
If you're not sure, log in again and the wellness score will appear in a green window.
We are pleased to announce that the employee portion of the health insurance premium remains $30/month and can be waived through participation in wellness activities. To do this, you will need to complete a Health Risk Assessment (HRA). If you complete the HRA and have two “yes” answers for questions 3 – 6 on part 13, (and are a non-tobacco user) your insurance premium will be waived. Tobacco users will continue to incur a $10/month charge unless they begin a tobacco cessation program by December 31, 2015. Taylor Health offers a tobacco cessation program at no cost.
You will need to access and complete the HRA in order to receive any savings. The HRA is open for completion through November 30, 2015 originally, and now till January 8, 2016 for those who have not completed it. You may access the HRA through the “MyMissouriState” portal, “Profile tab”, “Wellness”.
The HRA tool will contain biometric information from 2013. You may choose to manually update this information if you have obtained new data, however, your report will not reflect any new data you put in. Only clinically uploaded data will change your report findings. MSU has elected to not upload clinical data this year.
Under the Medical Assessment #3 on P 13 of the HRA, the list below will qualify as a “yes” if you’ve done one or more of them in 2015.
Obtain new biometrics
Complete a wellness exam with a physician, physician’s assistant or nurse practitioner
Obtain a hearing assessment
Obtain a dental exam
Obtain a vision exam
Obtain a fitness assessment
Only questions with the red asterisk are required to be answered on the HRA. You may, of course, answer all of the questions for a detailed health report with recommendations.
You will receive a wellness score once you have completed the HRA. If you’re not sure if you have completed it, re-log in again and your wellness score will appear in a green window. Employee Wellness, nor Human Resources can verify for you whether you have completed the HRA tool.
The HRA is open for all medical plan eligible participants hired on or before September 1, 2015. Employee dependents are not eligible to participate in the HRA at this time. Premium deductions for 2016 will begin in December 2015. Retirees are not eligible to take the HRA.
- Obtain new biometrics
- Complete a wellness exam with a physician, physician’s assistant or nurse practitioner
- Obtain a hearing assessment
- Obtain a dental exam
- Obtain a vision exam
- Obtain vaccination(s)
- Obtain a fitness assessment. (This service is offered through Foster Recreation Center and through the Kinesiology Department on campus.)
- Participate in an MSU employee wellness sponsored program, e.g., Walking Challenge, Healthy Eating, Healthy Cooking, Mindfulness and Meditation or any Health forums, HealthyWage or CORE Financial Wellness program.
- Participate regularly in a physically active sport, fitness event(s) or continuing physical activity (e.g., Bearfit class, 5K, Zumba, yoga, running, cycling, jazzercise, walking, Crossfit) within the past year.
- Any ongoing personal fitness program or active membership to a fitness facility.
- Attend an Ergonomics at Your Workstation training.
Chronic Disease Management Activities
- Participated in Weight Watchers® Program
- Participated in the MSU employee wellness sponsored Complete Health Improvement Program (CHIP®)
- Participated in the MSU employee wellness sponsored Diabetic Education Program or meet with a registered dietitian.
- Participated in a multi-visit dietitian-led nutrition counseling.
Not sure if you have a qualifying entry? Check with Sheila Bowen at 6-4064 or SheilaBowen@MissouriState.edu