Veteran Student Services

Benefit Recipients Responsibilities

  • You are required to complete an online Veterans Certification Request Form every semester to continue receiving veterans education benefits.
  • In order to comply with laws governing education benefits, it is your responsibility to notify the Missouri State University Veteran Student Services of your status at the University which includes when you: add or drop a course, change your major, change your address, withdraw from the University, or need tutorial assistance. You may notify us of any change in your status by completing a Veterans Change of Status form
  • Students must attend class and make satisfactory academic progress . If you do not make satisfactory academic progress and are suspended from the University, your education benefits cannot be resumed until you have met the University requirements for reinstatement.
  • DVA will not pay for the repeat of satisfactorily completed courses
  • Students receiving Ch. 30, Ch. 1606 or Ch. 1607 benefits must report school attendance to the DVA at the end of each month in order to receive payment. You may report your enrollment online at or by phone 1-877-823-2378
  • Your benefits may be terminated if you do not comply with the regulations stated above. If you need assistance in understanding or complying with the above regulations you may contact the Veteran Student Services Office.