Getting started at Missouri State
Follow the steps outlined below to be admitted to Missouri State and to receive your applicable benefits in a timely manner:
- Apply for GI Bill benefits by completing your VONAPP as early as possible.
You may complete this step while on active duty. We suggest filing your form at least 16 weeks prior to your intended start date at MSU.
- Schedule a campus visit.
- Apply online for admission and pay the application fee.
- Request transcripts from each institution where you have earned college credit, including your military training transcript.
*If you have less than 24 college/military training hours to transfer, request a copy of your high school transcript. ACT or SAT test scores are not required for admission for students who are 22 or older.
- Complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to apply for additional financial aid by the priority deadline of March 31. The Missouri State FAFSA school code is 002503.
*However, if you apply after the deadline, you may still be considered for many of the basic aid programs.
- Participate in an orientation one of three ways:
- all first-time freshmen are required to attend SOAR before enrolling for classes
- all transfer students are required to complete the online Transfer Student Orientation before enrolling for classes
- Adult Student Services offers a one-day orientation for new adult students.
- Complete your certification request by submitting your Certificate of Eligibility provided to you by DVA after completing VONAPP and a copy of your DD214, if you are the service member.