Our goal is to help Missouri State reach its recruitment, enrollment and advancement objectives through focused public relations activities.
How can university communications assist you?
We prepare and send all university news releases to media and work with faculty, staff and administrators to respond to media requests.
Submission guidelines detail how we publicize different types of information.
Public relations planning
- We serve as public relations consultants for colleges, departments, programs and centers.
Publicize faculty and staff accomplishments
- We publicize faculty and staff accomplishments.
- The Expert Sources Guide is an online resource to help media identify faculty and staff members with expertise in specific areas.
Publicize student accomplishments
- We publicize student accomplishments.
- We publicize significant and interesting student stories. Faculty and staff are encouraged to nominate students.
- We release graduation lists, dean's lists and scholarship lists to hometown newspapers.
- University Communications has a primary responsibility for internal communication with faculty and staff.
- The university's primary internal communication tool is Inside Missouri State.
Plan and publicize events
- We oversee the master calendar, which is the primary tool to publicize events.
- An event planning guide walks you through all the steps for planning and publicizing an event.
- Events that meet submission guidelines will be publicized to media.
Promote community services
- Community Connections helps promote services provided to the community.