About the program
Commerce Bank Emerging Leaders is a leadership program for freshman and sophomores at Missouri State that began in 2003. The implementation of this program has improved the leadership of student organizations at Missouri State. Participants walk away with new skills, invaluable experiences, and many friendships and connections that will continue throughout their collegiate experience and beyond. We are thankful for the continued support of our sponsor, Commerce Bank.
The Commerce Bank Emerging Leaders program is split into two groups to accommodate more participants. The program consists of 5 fun, challenging, and interactive sessions throughout the Spring semester lead by Emerging Leaders Facilitators, which are Junior and Senior Missouri State students. Each group will also have a weekend devoted to an overnight retreat which includes a high and low ropes course that will be facilitated partly by professional staff and partly by Emerging Leaders facilitators. Students will participate in only one of the two groups and will be required to attend all of their group’s sessions including the entire retreat.
2017 program dates:
- Group 1: Thursdays--January 26, February 2, February 9, February 16, February 23//Overnight Retreat: March 4-5
- Group 2: Mondays--March 20, March 27, April 3, April 10, April 17//Overnight Retreat: April 22-23
Benefits of being a Commerce Bank Emerging Leaders graduate
- Hands on leadership experience
- Invaluable skills needed to be a successful leader at Missouri State and beyond
- All expenses paid high and low ropes course
- Participants will leave a lasting impression on the MSU campus.
- Significant and positive impact on the leadership of our student organizations
- Recognized at the STAR Awards banquet at the end of the spring semester