1. Call to Order - A regular meeting of the Staff Senate of Missouri State University was called to order at Plaster Student Union, PSU 313 at 1:30 p.m.
2. Roll Call
Present: Ben Boslaugh, Marline Faherty, LaDonna Hansen, Sue Alvers, Cindi Barnett, Kelly Barnts, Patrick Byers, Patrick Day, Edward DeLong, SuzAnn Ferguson, Norm Griffith, Nancy Harris, Terrill Harvey, Steven Lowery, Lenord McGownd, Sheila Morris, Dennis Perry, Jason Rhea, Steve Mills
Absent: Allen Carter, Virginia Andrews, Darlene Bailey, Casey Comoroski, Guy DeVault, Roger Duclos,Wendy Ferguson, Glen Fletcher, Barb Jones, Dale Moore, Thomas Norrell
Guests: Josh Summer, Lisa McEowen-LeVangie, Sheila Ponder, Ginger Allard, Janet Wight, Myril Stewart, Susan Hewitt, Beth Aldrich, Ann Fuhrman, Betty Lewis, Mary Barb
- Vote on new officers
- Chair-Elect: Marline Faherty was nominated by Dale Moore (carried unanimously)
- Secretary: LaDonna Hansen was nominated by Dale Moore (carried unanimously)
4. Guest Speaker
- Dr. Belinda McCarthy, Provost gave a handout and spoke on "Proposed 2007 Health
- Employees will be allowed to decline insurance coverage. No additional salary or payment of any kind will be made in lieu of insurance coverage. This will be a two year test program.
- Options for Family medical insurance will change depending on who the employee is covering (employee + spouse; employee + children; employee + family). Deductible and co-pay amounts are not changing. See handout for specifics.
- Options for Family dental insurance will change depending on who the employee is covering (employee + spouse; employee + children; employee + family). . Deductible and co-pay amounts are not changing. See handout for specifics.
- Employees will be required to pay 7.5% of the University’s cost for individual coverage. This requirement will be waived for all employees calendar year 2007.
- The University will implement a Wellness Program (in development at this time). Employees who participate in the program in 2007 will reduce their premium in 2008.
- The University will purchase a health risk assessment questionnaire and employees who complete the questionnaire in 2007 will pay a reduced premium amount in 2008.
- Sherry Adams, assistant to the Health Services Director, said two applicants for the campus Wellness Coodinator will be on campus very soon. On Aug 8, Dr David Gobble will be on campus from 1:30pm to 3:00pm at THWC conference room. Aug 11, Carin Dehmer will be on campus from 1:30pm to 3:00pm in the THWC conference room. Please feel free to visit with these candidates. (Handout of candidate resumes.)
6. Approval of Minutes
- Approval of the Minutes of the Open, Regular Meeting of August, 2006 Passed.
7. Committee Report
- Bylaw Committee – Steve Mills spoke regarding the changes the committee is considering. He anticipates having a resolution in the next meeting.
- Work Life Committee – Dale Moore spoke that the committee was just getting under way.
8. New Business
- Limited discussion was held on external teaching duties.
- Salary savings money was mentioned.
9. Motion to Adjourn - made by Norm Griffith. Approved.
The next regular meeting will begin at 1:30 pm on September 7, 2006, in Plaster Student Union, Room 313.