1. Call to Order - A regular meeting of the Staff Senate of Missouri State University was called to order at Plaster Student Union, PSU 313 at 1:30 p.m.
2. Roll Call
Present: Ben Boslaugh, Marline Faherty, Cindi Barnett, Kelly Barnts, Patrick Byers, Patrick Day, Roger Duclos, Norm Griffith, Nancy Harris, Steven Lowery, Lenord McGownd, Dale Moore, Sheila Morris, Dennis Perry, Edward DeLong
Absent: LaDonna Hansen, Virginia Andrews, Casey Comoroski, Guy DeVault, Wendy Fergusion, Glen Fletcher, Terrill Harvey, Barb Jones, Thomas Norrell, Jason Rhea, Carter Allen
Guests: Diana Garland
- Denim Day is October 6, 2006. Please see Edie Sartin on the 2nd Floor of PSU if you wish to donate to Breast Cancer and wear Denim on the 6th.
4. Approval of Minutes
- Approval of minutes was postponed due to lack of a quorum.
5. New Business
- Ben asked on an update on the Job Family 1 & Job Family 2 meetings.
- Those in Job Family 1 (administrative professionals and clerical staff) filled out a Task Inventory. Were told would take a couple hours; however, most took a lot longer. Inventory deadline was October 2nd
- Meetings for Job Family 2 (crafts & trades, technical & service workers, etc) are now going on.
6. Committee Report
- Work/Life – Dale Moore
- Committee is in the data gathering mode.
- Will definitely use the full two year window
- Probably do focus groups rather than send a survey
- Rec Center – Cindi Barnett
- SGA approved to do a referendum to see if students are wiling to fund a Rec Center.
- SGA is supportive of the project
- For more information, click on the “Rec Center” notice on the University’s home page
- Rec Center will be in McDonald Arena. The interior of the building will be gutted.
- If vote is for the Rec Center, then projected date is 2010.
- There will be two open forums: tonight (10/5) at 5:00 p.m. and Monday (10/9) at 7:00 p.m.
Meeting was adjourned at 2:00 p.m.
The next regular meeting will begin at 1:30 pm on November 2, 2006, in Plaster Student Union, Room 313.