1. Call to Order - A regular meeting of the Staff Senate of Missouri State University was called to order at Plaster Student Union, PSU 315 at 1:30 p.m.
2. Roll Call
Present: Ben Boslaugh, Marline Faherty, Steve Mills, Sheilla Morris, Patrick Byers, Casey Comoroski, Lenord McGownd, Pat Day, Roger Duclos, Cindi Barnett, Guy DeVault, Jason Rhea, Nancy Harris, Terrill Harvey, Dale Moore, Dennis Perry, Steven Lowery, Wendy Ferguson, Edward Delong
Absent: LaDonna Hansen, Kelly Barnts, SuzAnn Ferguson, Thomas Norrell, Glen Fletcher, Norm Griffith, Allen Carter
Guests: Sara Clark, Mike McManus
3. Guest Speakers
- Kent Thomas, Jeff Morrissey, Robin Goodwin
An overview of the ERP project was given and questions were taken from the audience. The speakers addressed the Sungard Banner packages (Finance, Student, Human Resources, Financial Aid and Advancement), the committee/team structure (input is crucial), the hardware, and the need to stay committed to the time schedule (a moratorium on programming changes).
- The Staff Senate is looking for Senators to volunteer to be on the Fringe Benefits committee.
5. Approval of the Minutes of the Open, Regular Meeting of February 1, 2007
6. New Business
- A drawing was held to select three new Senators to fill existing vacancies. Debbie Branson will represent University Advancement; Lynna Roller and Cathy McFall will represent Secretarial and Clerical Support; and, John Avery will represent Office of the Provost.
- A handout was given to aid in the recruitment of new Senators. If you are interested in becoming a Staff Senator, please fill out a copy of the application and submit it prior to April 2, 2007.
- The July Staff Senate meeting date was changed from July 5 to July 12 due to the holiday and vacations.
7. Officers Reports
Ben Boslaugh reported for the Executive Budget Committee. He stated "the budget still looks good and strong."
8. Committee Reports
- The Bylaws Committee (Steve Mills) sought information on proposed changes to the recruiting, election and orientation dates of Staff Senators.
- The Public Arts Committee (Sara Clark) reported that April 12 will be the "Day Without Art." All artwork on campus will be draped in black. Employees are urged to forego art for 24 hours (no music on MP3s, etc).
- The Public Arts Committee (Sara Clark) reported that the College of Arts and Letters will, once again, sponsor the Tent Theater Staff Appreciation Day. The play will be held on June 12.
9. Motion to Adjourn (3:00PM)
The next regular meeting is at 1:30 p.m. on April 5, 2007 in Plaster Student Union Room 315.
LaDonna Hansen, Secretary
Taken by Pat Day & Nancy Harris