The University participates in the Lee National Denim Day Campaign for breast cancer research. Funds raised through this campaign will be sent to the Lee National Denim Day Campaign, the nations largest founder of research dedicated solely to breast cancer. 75% of the money raised stays in the local community.
2012 Denim Day Events
Breast Cancer Survivor Photo
Sept. 18th, 2012
Bear Paw, PSU
Denim Day Luncheon
October 3rd, 2012
11:00am - 1:30pm
Mixed Green Salad, Tuscan Pasta Salad, Sliced Beef with Au Jus, Penne a la Vodka Sauce, Garlic Roasted Baby Red Potatoes, Green Beans with Cherry Tomatoes, Signature Rolls with Butter, Assorted Desserts
October 3rd, 2012
11:00am - 1:30pm
Bring your change to donate to the cause!!
Denim Day Collection Table
Monday, October 1st
Tuesday, October 2nd
Thursday, October 4th
11:00am - 1:00pm
2nd floor, Plaster Student Union, across from Information Desk
National Lee Denim Day
Friday, October 5th, 2012
Donate $5.00 to a collection coordinator or stopping by the collection table
For more information, please contact Andrea Weber
2012 Mammogram Opportunities
- October 24th
- October 30th
- November 7th
Bus will be located in front of Freudenberger House
What is the St. John’s Wellness On Tour Bus?
The St. John’s Wellness On Tour Bus brings you the area’s only state-of-the-art mammography equipment on wheels. Since 2001, our high-tech health bus, staffed with dedicated St. John’s health professionals, has delivered on-site services throughout southwest Missouri.
Why get a mammogram?
• One in nine women will develop breast cancer in her lifetime
• Breast cancer accounts for nearly one in three cancers diagnosed in women
• Breast cancer is the second leading cause of death in U.S. women
• Early detection and treatment is key to higher breast cancer survival rates
• Mammography is an excellent screening tool
A mammogram is a low dose X-ray of breast tissue. A mammogram screening can detect a lump as early as seven years before it can be felt. The Wellness On Tour Bus is an extension of St. John’s Breast Center. Your films will be read by St. John’s dedicated mammography radiologists. Films are also read by the Image Checker System. This system is the first FDA-approved computer aided detection system. Early detection is key to higher survival rates and lower treatment costs.
Mammogram (Insurance discounted price is $219.10 filed to insurance: Price will change 7/1/12). Price without insurance coverage is $313.
* If your wellness/preventative benefit has not been used for 2012, MSU insurance will pay 80% leaving you a total cost of $43.82.
Patients must meet the following criteria in order to have a screening mammogram on the Wellness on Tour Bus:
- 40 years of age (we can do a baseline on 35 and older if they have immediate family history of breast cancer)
- No current breast problems – discharge, lump, pain, etc.
- No previous breast surgeries and/or implants.
- Patient must have an established physician that they would like us to send their report to in order for us to do a mammogram.
- Must be at least one year since patient’s last mammogram, regardless of their insurance limitations.
- They will be scheduled one patient every fifteen minutes
- Each woman will receive a confirmation letter and should take their insurance card to their appointment.
For more information contact Jerilyn Reed at 836-4045 or go to http://health.missouristate.edu/74187.htm
Call 888-8888 to schedule an appointment
|Alumni Center||Debra Goodwin||Alumni Center 505|
|Archaeological Research Center||Pam Burrier||Archaeological Research Center, 102|
|Burgess House||Beth Burner||Burgess House|
|Carrington Hall, 1st floor||Debbie Donnellan||Carrington 104|
|Carrington Hall||Tammy Tindle||Carrington 311|
|Central Stores||Kimberly Dixon||Stores and Maintenance 102|
|College of Education||Theresa Steele||Hill 301A|
|Foster Recreation Center||Sam Simmons||FRC|
|Craig Hall||Suzanne Moskalski||Craig Hall 375|
|Glass Hall||April Babington||Glass Hall 238|
|Glass Hall||Carole Hale||Glass Hall 414|
|Hammons Student Center||Brenda O'Connell||Hammons Student Center 32|
|Hill Hall||Holly Robison||Hill 101|
|Juanita K. Hammons||Deb Gallion||Juanita K. Hammons 105|
|JVIC||Sheilla Morris||JVIC - Security Desk|
|Meyer Library||Emily Furtak||Meyer Library 215|
|Morris Center||Lisa Searles||Jim D. Morris Center 107|
|PCOB||Brenda Stewart||Park Central Office Building 117|
|Physical Therapy Building||Cynthia Chandler - Clayton||Professional 200|
|Plaster Student Union||Cyndi Warnow||PSU 101|
|Residence Life||Denise Baumann||Hammons House 101|
|Siceluff Hall/ English Department||Christie Englis||Siceluff Hall 215|
|Strong||Jean Ann Thomas||Strong Hall 410|
|Temple||Gale Liniger||Temple Hall 142|
|University Hall||Lori Roessler||University Hall 122|
- Andrea Weber, Chair
- Diana Garland
- Denise Baumann
- Mary Ann Wood
- Emily Furtak
- Kelli Farris
- Samantha Simmons
- Catherine Beck
- Suzann Ferguson
- Tammy Tindle
If you have questions or would like to volunteer, contact Staff Senate.