1. Call to Order - A regular meeting of the Staff Senate of Missouri State University was called to order at Plaster Student Union, PSU 315 at 1:30 p.m. Ben Boslaugh, Chair presided and LaDonna Hansen recorded the proceedings of the meeting.
2. Roll Call
Present: Ben Boslaugh, Marline Faherty, Steve Mills, Cindi Barnett by proxy (George Lindsay), Kelly Barnts, Debbie Branson, Patrick Byers by proxy (Pamela Mayer), Patrick Day, Roger Duclos, SuzAnn Ferguson, Wendy Ferguson, Norm Griffith, Nancy Harris, Steven Lowery, Lenord McGownd, Cathy McFall, Dale Moore, Sheilla Morris, Dennis Perry, Jason Rhea, Lynna Roller, Edward DeLong
Absent: John Avery, Casey Comoroski, Guy DeVault, Glen Fletcher, Terrill Harvey, Thomas Norrell, Carter Allen
Guests: Myril Stewart, Alisa Trotter
3. Guest Speaker
- Mary Ann Claypool spoke to the Staff Senate regarding the upcoming Public Affairs Conference to be held April 17th thru April 19th. New this year to the event are community partners such as Springfield-Greene County Library, Springfield News-Leader, Springfield Sister Cities these partners will host and/or provide assistance with specific events. This year provides another diverse group of speakers from many cultures, backgrounds, and religious affiliations. There will also be a discussion group traveling to the West Plains campus which is new this year. Once again, the staff has been granted 2 hours of leave to attend sessions of their choice.
- Joint Faculty/Staff Senate Meeting to be held on April 19th at 1:30 in Glass 101
- The minutes of the open regular meeting of March 1, 2007 were approved.
6. New Business
- Resolution put forth by Dale Moore in support of the Catastrophic Medical Leave benefit that was present to Staff Senate by Howard Berriman. Motion to approve and passed unanimously.
- Staff Senate vacancy that was missed last month to be filled by Dianna Thimesch was approved.
- It was asked that new representation be found for the SGA seat.
- The need was brought forth that we extend the Membership Drive for an additional 2 weeks – this was voted on and approved.
7. Old Business
- Steve Mills indicated that in reviewing the bylaws all changes that were asked for at previous meeting is already covered in existing policy.
8. Officer Report
Nothing to report at this time – meeting with President Nietzel was cancelled.
9. Committee Reports
- Budget & Priorities – Myril Stewart
- Myril passed out information from the recent Job Satisfaction Survey which was a result of several years of this type of survey being asked for by the Staff Senate. This will also be used as a baseline for future surveys.
- Veterans Recognition – Myril Stewart
- Myril indicated the date scheduled is Monday, November 12th; this year theme will be Desert Storm & Now. Each year has attracted more people to the event and hope to keep increasing the numbers. The past years events are located in Meyer Library.
- Recreation Center Task Force – Dennis Perry
- Dennis indicated that they have had their second meeting, there purpose is to survey the possible candidates and see what they have to offer, they want to maintain the architectural design of McDonald Arena and add to that. There is an open meeting on April 26th in PSU 315 at 3:00. Student Fees will start being collected in the fall of 2008. A question was asked about what would happen if no funds were available from MOHELA, he indicated that the task force is discussing the need for a “plan b”.
The next regular meeting is at 1:30 p.m. on May 3, 2007 in Plaster Student Union Room 313.
The meeting adjourned at 2:10 p.m.
Secretary, Staff Senate