1. Call to Order - A regular meeting of the Staff Senate of Missouri State University was called to order at Plaster Student Union, PSU 313 at 1:30 p.m.
2. Roll Call -
Present: Diana Garland, Steve Mills, Sara Clark, Wendy Ferguson, Barb Jones, Dennis Perry, Ben Boslaugh, Veronica Adinegara, Guy DeVault, Norm Griffith, David Liss, Scott Walker, Sue Alvers, Patrick Byers, Earle Doman, Tara Horton, Thomas Norrell, LaDonna Hansen
Absent: Sherry Adams, Roger Duclos, Terrill Harvey, Rhonda Ridinger-Fac Sen, Carter Allen-SGA, Marline Faherty, Phyllis Kenney, Tami Sutton, Darlene Bailey, Glen Fletcher, Jason Rhea
Guests: Phil Nichols, Howard Berriman, Lynn McKenzie, Lisa McEowen-Levangie
Diana Garland, Chair, presided and Sue Alvers recorded the proceedings of the meeting.
- Lisa McEowen-LeVangie reminded everyone about Dr. Nietzel's talk at noon on December 6th.
- Dr. Nietzel will talk about the university's public affairs vision.
- Denim Day proceeds were about $2000, which is down from last year. However, the United Way Campaign was up $2000.
- Diana stated that emails were sent to those in Classification 5 asking to submit their name for open positions on the Senate. She also wrote an article for the Missouri Insider that focuses on the recent changes in the Staff Senate.
- Ben Boslaugh reported that Veterans Day 2005 went very well. The Board of Governors praised the event.
- Diana announced that the Staff Senate has an office and a department donated a copy machine. The office is in Siceluff 115A.
- Dale Moore stated that the USA program is putting together an alumni association. LaDonna and he are working to find ways that the USA alumni can do things together.
The minutes of the open, regular meeting of November 3, 2005 was approved.
5. New Business
- Between 15 to 30 minutes at the beginning of each Staff Senate meeting, the senate has a guest who speaks on current topics. Diana asked for feedback and some ideas future meeting topics.
- Several ideas were:
- Have a special meeting to meet the Taylor Health Center physicians.
- Ask Dr. Nietzel to speak about the work/life concept he mentioned during his interview process
- Project updates from Design and Construction and Physical Plant.
- Myril Stewart and the new ITF opening
- Peers of Aspiration
Before adjourning, Diana reminded everyone that the President is having the annual holiday
open house from 2:00 – 4:00 pm in the West Ballroom.
The next regular meeting is at 1:30 p.m. on January 12, 2006 in Plaster Student Union Room
The meeting adjourned at 2:55 p.m.
Staff Senate Secretary